31 March 2010

canine college

So, I woke up late today. Actually got up when the alarm went off but decided to lay in the bed and close my eyes for a while. Well when I opened them, it was time for the boys’ bus to come and they weren't even up yet. So, I got up and the first 'good morning' I received was from my little Min-Pin Chico.

Then, I had to drive the boys to school because I got up late. Chico, who stayed at my heels while the boys were getting ready, insisted that he be allowed to ride along. When I got back home, I went up to my room, leaving Chico downstairs. He hasn't climbed the stairs in over a year because of problems with his eyesight.

Well, guess who just walked in my room?

He is bound and determined to do anything to be by the side of his master today. I was his first thought when he got up (even before his bathroom break). He stayed right at my feet while the boys got ready. He rode with me while I took care of what I needed to address. He overcame his fears. He stopped listening to that voice that has been telling him for years that he is too old or too sick to climb the stairs. He abandoned his comfort zone because he had to get to where I was.

FOR JUST A MOMENT, LET’S CONSIDER SOME KEY POINTS FROM CHICO'S CANINE COLLEGE COURSE:
 Are you bound and determined to be at the side of your Master today?
 Was He your first thought this morning? Did you have to tell Him 'hello', even before you took care of your most basic needs?
 Have you insisted that He take you wherever He is going today?
 Will you stop listening to the voices which tell you that you are 'too young' or 'too old' or 'too sick' or 'too poor' to ascend to high places with God?
 Will you push past your fears and abandoned your comfort zone to be at His side?

When I took Chico back downstairs, he sat right across my feet - so that I couldn't leave his side and so that he could follow me as soon as I moved.

You can learn a lot from a dog!

‘God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise, and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty’ I Corinthians1:27

No comments:

Post a Comment