15 December 2010

simply beautiful ...

We’re expecting snow tomorrow –
Quite an event in Virginia Beach
Nothing like what we would get in Boston, MA where I grew up.

When I was younger,
I would get up early in the morning,
While the rest of the city was still sleeping,
And I would go outside.

There was such a sense of PEACE!
You could feel the crunch of the ice covered snow under your feet
You could not resist the urge to breathe in deeply the crisp and fresh air
You could see the snow weighted branches and bushes gently bowed down
You could hear a gentle ‘swoosh!’ as the wind danced over the landscape

I loved it – I still love it
I do not like to drive in the snow,
But there is something about seeing all those snowflakes fall and accumulate.

I love that snowflakes are distinct, just like us.
Each one is formed and fashioned to bring a unique beauty to the world.

“Have you visited the storehouses of the snow..."
Job 38:22

Amazing!
God has storehouses full of this stuff 

He truly makes all things beautiful!



Snowflakes dance toward earth
Reminding of the Savior’s birth
Each flake unique – a precious lovely sight
In concert makes a blanket – lovely white
Conceals the less desirable scenes below
Just like that very precious blood that flowed

'Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift [Jesus]!'
II Corinthians 9:15

No comments:

Post a Comment