31 December 2010

the journey ...

As this year comes to a close
I find myself reflecting
Quite a bit ...
On everything that has transpired this year
On everything that awaits me next year


Many are finished with Christmas
But it stays with me throughout the year
I identify with Mary
Pregnant with a promise from God
Promises to be truthful
Unable to fully explain what I feel to anyone
Wondering what 'that day' will look like
when it all comes to fruition
Questioning whether I will have become -
all that I need to become
In order to properly nurture and care for God’s gift.
Mine is not an actual baby
But it could not be more precious,
for I know God planted it there

So today,
I make a special request
as I listen to this song,
most accurately capturing my feelings today.
I ask that you listen with me,
And pray for me
Even as I pray for you


I pray that each one of us will give birth
to what God has planted inside of us,
Taking comfort in His Word of Promise,

I have directed you in the way of wisdom;
I have led you in upright paths.
When you walk, your steps will not be impeded,
And if you run, you will not stumble.
Proverbs 4:11-12 NASB

The New Living Translation States
I will teach you wisdom's ways
and lead you in straight paths.
When you walk, you won't be held back;
when you run, you won't stumble.

We have a confirmation of what He has done,
We have a confidence in what He is doing,
We have an assurance of what He will do.

Through many twists and turns through this wilderness
After countless ‘circles' around the mountain
The true journey begins -
The road of destiny
Taking possession and occupying
Every promise God has made

2 0 1¦1

Let the journey begin …

Happy & Blessed New Year’s Greetings to All!

No comments:

Post a Comment