13 December 2010

bended knee ...

He is Father, but He is the Almighty
He is Friend, but He is the Redeemer
He is Husband, but He is LORD
He is Comforter, but He is King
He is Shepherd, but Omnipotent


He is Alpha and Omega
He is GOD!



He is a Husband, yet unlike any that has walked this earth
He is Friend, yet He alone is worthy of bended knee and true worship
He is Father, yet He cannot be viewed through the lens of experiences with earthly fathers


He is embraced, because He is Emmanuel, God with us
He is exalted, because He is El Shaddai, God Almighty


I can pray in any position, at any time




Yet, when I bow my knee – 
I express a different kind of  respect, of reverence for my LORD
 
It is a vulnerable position –
I can only see the space directly in front me –
I cannot see anything if I close my eyes or lie face down –
It is a place of humility and surrender


It is a position of trust –
Trust that He is God,
Trust that He is in control,
Trust that He has my back,
Trust that He holds my future and my today.


When I bend my knee, I bend my ‘self’
I acknowledge that I need HimDAILY
I acknowledge that His ways are higher than my ways (Is. 55:9)
I acknowledge that His plans are good plans (Jer. 29:11)
I acknowledge that the battle is not mine (I Sam. 17:47)
I acknowledge that He is both Savior and LORD


‘Therefore God also hath highly exalted Him, and given Him a name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in Heaven and things on earth and things under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.’
Philippians 2:9-11

Every knee bowing begins with every Christian knee bowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment