11 November 2019

THANKS GIVING 2019: OUR VETERANS


Happy Monday!

I pray your week is off to a great start;
And there is no better way to start the week –
   than to acknowledge our service men and women for all they do
Today is Veteran’s Day

HOWEVER –  I hold a special place in my heart for our military at all times
I love my country and I love and appreciate those who serve [and have served] selflessly
Being a former military spouse, I know that service comes at a cost

In my post on Memorial Day earlier this year, I noted some of those cost – which often go unseen:

§  There are also those, who live among us, who have also sacrificed their lives
 §  There are those who may not have experienced a loss of physical life;
§  Yet, they are the ones who have suffered the loss of a way of life which they held dear,
§  A life which was compromised while they selflessly served [and still serve] this country.
 §  There are those who have experienced the death of relationships –§  Those who have suffered the painful demise of a marriage … while they served.
§  There are those who have endured the loss of a loved one –§  Where they could not be present because they were off serving this country on foreign soil.
§  There are those who have experienced the loss of a life which they knew –§  Those who have lost health and wealth while serving or upon returning from service to this country
§  There are those who have cried tears that only they and God know about –§  Those who deal with the ongoing emotional trauma of having served.

I am so thankful for those give their all every day –
So that we may enjoy the freedoms we experience on a daily basis.

Today, I honor and celebrate all service members [and their loved ones and families]
I humbly and gratefully say …




Happy Veteran's Day and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment