20 November 2019

THANKS GIVING 2019: THE TRUTH

Good Afternoon Friends!

I pray your day is well –
That you are making time to celebrate all the things which make you THANKFUL
I am definitely benefiting from focusing on THANKS GIVING

AND TODAY?

TODAY – I am exceptionally thankful for THE TRUTH OF GOD’S WORD


You see, there are time when I am uncertain of everyone and everything around me 

But I know His nature and I know His Word to be true
Therefore, if ever there is a time when I find myself doubting –
which happens more than I care to admit
If ever there is a time when I start think He just does not care or –
that I must have made Him angry
His Holy Spirit assures me there is something amiss in my reasoning.
He reminds me - that is not the God I serve.
He gently [and sometimes forcefully] prods me to GAIN A DEEPER UNDERSTANDING,
to EMBRACE A BROADER PERSPECTIVE.

It is in those moments, often mixed with tears (like it was last night) –
that I am reminded how very blessed I am,
how much I truly have to be thankful for.

I talked a couple of days ago about how THANKS NEEDS TO BE INTENTIONAL at times 
I mean, life is not always sunshine and roses 

Indeed in the Word we are forewarned:
‘In the world you will have trouble ...’ John 16:33
It does not say you could, not that you might, not even a maybe ... it is a certainty 

But we also admonished to ...
     'take courage [be of good cheer] for I have overcome the world.’

Even the most painful experiences can provide value 
     They can usher in understanding and hope,
     if we will submit to the idea of them being our teachers and not our adversaries

GOD is still in control –
He does still sit enthroned 
And He cares for every single matter which matters to us

That is indeed something to be thankful for! 

No matter what kind of day you have had –
Irrespective of the type of week, the manner of month
I pray the truth of His Word will meet you where you are

AND

If you are filled with joy – that His truth would embolden you further

If you are filled with sadness – that His truth would be the spark of joy & light of hope you need

If you are filled with uncertainty – that His Word would be the peace, direction, comfort and assurance which you long for

I thank God for you in my prayers ....


Praying You Have a Blessed Evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment