06 June 2019

LOVE INEXPLICABLE ...

Hi Friends

I pray you have had a blessed week thus far
It has been a little while since I’ve written … so much going on
I have actually had this post in my mind for several days - as I think about the situations currently occurring and those that have transpired over the past few years

THIS HAS BEEN A TIME OF GREAT LEARNING …
THIS HAS BEEN A TIME OF GREAT HUMBLING …
THIS HAS BEEN A TIME OF GREAT GROWTH ...

And, in the midst of it all –
I keep receiving regular reminders of the fragility of human life
I am becoming increasingly & keenly aware of how quickly things can change – in an instant
I am identifying more and more the things which truly matter to me

Earlier this year, I spent quite a bit of time on the subject of LOVE
It was appropriate as those series of posts occurred around Valentine’s Day

HOWEVER –
This love thing is so much bigger than a day on a calendar
It is so much bigger than a season or time of year

EVERYTHING in this world [and beyond this world] hinges on LOVE
The presence of it … or the absence of it
Every genuine act of compassion … the presence of love
Every hate-filled rant, every despicable act of violence … a result of a lack of love
I was on a site earlier which asked its readers to define love in five words
If I had to sum it up in five words – this thing called LOVE – it would be this:
LOVE FOR GOD, SELF & OTHERS

All three loves are important
  • ·       It is impossible to love others as yourself … if you do not first love yourself
  • ·       It is impossible to love yourself without first receiving the love of God and being in a love relationship with Him
  • ·       It is impossible to live this life in any sort of meaningful way without the love of GOD

    There is a spot in each one of us that only He can fill.

There have been countless situations which have tried to steal all of these things from me –
LOVE FOR GOD, SELF & OTHERS
Yet, I will not surrender them so easily

AMAZING LOVE ...
I love my children – and I cannot imagine any situation which would ever change that
Yet – it is that type of love which I see developing in my heart for others
It is being formed and fashioned through experiences that I will not go into detail discussing
It is mind-blowing and it has me thinking a great deal about the love Jesus has for us
The love which kept Him moving toward the cross … for me … and for you
  • I imagine – for those guards who were close enough to hear Jesus mutter the words, ‘Father forgive them, for they know not what they do (Luke 23:34)’ – I imagine they thought to themselves, ‘Fool!’
  • As He looked through blood-caked eyes toward the criminal that hung on a cross beside Him, and as He offered the assurance, ‘Today you will be with Me in paradise (Luke 23:33-43)’ … I imagine that other criminal hanging on the other cross to the other side thought, ‘Idiot!’

Yet, none of that deterred Jesus in His love for those individuals and for all of humanity.


I believe He also does not desire for us to be deterred when it comes to love

I LOVE THE LORD
I do not love Him perfectly, but I do love Him sincerely and I will never apologize for it

I LOVE MYSELF
I have not always loved myself, but I have reached a point where I love me dearly
I will not apologize for that either

I LOVE OTHERS
And again, it may not be perfect. Indeed, many might call it foolish
However, I can see an earnest love developing deep within my heart … a love for people

A LOVE INEXPLICABLE …

Praying You Have Blessed Evening 

No comments:

Post a Comment