09 June 2019

DEFENDER


Good Evening Friends,

I pray you all have had a blessed weekend –
It always goes much too quickly for my liking … yet, still I am thankful
I just got home from a Night-of-Worship at my home church, Bridge Church
IT WAS SUCH A POWERFUL TIME!!!

So glad I pushed past my feelings of sickness earlier and decided to go.
I was blessed in such a tremendous way!

And, this being the day of Pentecost [a remembrance of the outpouring of the Holy Spirit in the book of Acts], it was appropriate that there was an intense and heightened awareness of His Presence.

For me personally, it was an evening of BREAKTHROUGH!
This has been quite a season for me … with several miles still to journey

However, I feel strongly that the LORD has been reminding me:
He goes before me and makes every crooked place straight [Isaiah 45:2]
No weapon formed against me shall prosper [Isaiah 54:17]
HE IS MY STRONG TOWER [Proverbs 18:10; Psalm 61:3]
HE IS MY DEFENDER [Deuteronomy 32:4]


All last week, I have been listening to a song by Bethel called Defender.
It is a great song which begins,
‘You go before I know
That You've even gone to win my war
You come back with the head of my enemy
You come back and You call it my victory

You go before I know
That You've even gone to win my war
Your love becomes my greatest defense
It leads me from the dry wilderness’

WELL –
Tonight, He let me know, in no uncertain terms, that THE BATTLE IS HIS [II Chronicles 20:15]
He assured me, with several confirmations, that THE VICTORY IS SURE [I Samuel 30:8]
He also took me by my hand and let me know that HE IS LEADING ME OUT OF MY DRY WILDERNESS

In Song of Solomon 8:5, the question is asked, “Who is this coming up from the wilderness leaning on her beloved?” The Answer? Me!!!

This meant so much to me. It especially meant a great deal because I know how monumentally and miserably I have failed Him during this trial
HE IS SUCH AN AMAZING, MERCIFUL, FORGIVING & LOVING GOD!

I AM OVERWHELMED –
I am overwhelmed because of His nature
He does not require me to do penance;  
He does not remind me of my failures and shame me [that is the enemy’s job] [Psalm 103:12]

NO –
He reminds that there is now therefore no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus (Romans 8:1)

HE LOVES ME … WITH AND EVERLASTING & UNCONDITIONAL LOVE

AND THAT BATTLE?
He makes no requirements of me on that front either

In fact, it just like that song by Bethel says …
 ‘AND ALL I DID WAS PRAISE
ALL I DID WAS WORSHIP
ALL I DID WAS BOW DOWN
ALL I DID WAS STAY STILL’

Such a blessing!

Know this tonight – no matter what you are facing, no matter how great you feel you have failed … even if you are standing on the other side of salvation and have never accepted the free gift of redemption that Christ died to give you …

HE IS PRESENT & HIS ARMS ARE OPEN WIDE TO RECEIVE YOU;
TO BE YOUR DEFENDER … IN EVERY WAY

Praying You Have Blessed Evening
                   & a Fantastic Week …

1 comment:

  1. Defender by Bethel:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ9cov1lk64

    ReplyDelete