18 November 2019

THANKS GIVING 2019: INTENTIONAL THANKS


Good Evening Friends …
     Happy Monday!

I pray your week is off to a good start
Today was a decent day – until I went to my doctor’s office

NOW – I could let it ruin my entire evening
HOWEVER – I choose instead to focus on something positive

It is my INTENTION 
     To keep my eyes fixed on what is good and lovely and praiseworthy
     Like spending some time here with all of you

So – what is the focus for TODAY’S THANKS GIVING?
INTENTIONAL THANKS

Webster’s define intentional as: done on purpose; deliberate


Sometimes, that has to be the nature of our attitude –

WE HAVE TO MAKE A CONCERTED EFFORT TO NOT JUST FEEL THANKFUL
     BUT TO EXPRESS THAT FEELING OF THANKFULNESS

THANKS IS AN EVERY DAY THING



This is a card which I had purchased for someone I consider very dear
Unfortunately, though, despite my best intention to deliver it –
It is still in my possession … A FULL YEAR LATER

And while this particular greeting did not make it to its intended recipient,
It holds a timeless message which is applicable every day of the year –
     And NOT JUST AT THANKSGIVING

Wishing you JOY
A day for GRATITUDE
A day for SHARING
A day for REMEMBERING THE SPECIAL PEOPLE IN OUR LIVES

You may not get a second chance to express the thanks you feel today
I know this, not intellectually but experientially.

SO WHY NOT EXPRESS YOUR GRATITUDE TODAY?!

The inside of that card?
It says: Thanksgiving wishes, for a day that’s filled with happiness, thankfulness, friendship, and fun.
YET – this is my prayer every day for the people I love

And I make it a point to EXPRESS GRATITUDE –
As frequently as I feel it, as often and as quickly as possible

I am sure you have a couple of special people in your life as well:
  • People who make you smile every time you think about them;
  • People who give you a reason to thank God that He created them
  • People who make your heart warm at the thought of how blessed you are to know them

SO – carve out some time to tell them

BE INTENTIONAL ABOUT IT!

Don’t hold back, thinking that there is always time,
that there will always be another opportunity.
There is not always another chance to do what you might have done today –
to say what you might have said today.
And, you just might be the bright, shining light to someone’s dark and challenging day –
And that is something to be thankful for.

Praying You Have a Blessed Evening!



“Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is rightwhatever is pure, whatever is lovelywhatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things Philippians 4:8

No comments:

Post a Comment