12 November 2019

THANKS GIVING 2019: IN EVERY SEASON


Good Evening Friends!

I pray all is well with you
I must say I am thoroughly enjoying this series of focusing on GIVING THANKS

I keep thinking about the instruction given in I Thessalonians 5:18
It is not a suggestion, not a recommendation but an actual directive:
‘Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.’

HOW POWERFUL IS THAT!

I know so many who spend their whole lives trying to find out God’s will for their lives
I know I have done it

YET – It could not be any clearer

‘GIVE THANKS IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES’

In every situation, in every instance, IN EVERY SEASON – GIVE THANKS
NOW – this time of year, thoughts go toward autumn leaves and gatherings with family and friends



HOWEVER – tonight, here in Virginia Beach, it is feeling more like a wintry mix – SO COLD!



YET – THERE ARE STILL REASONS TO BE THANKFUL
Thankful for shelter
    There is no place like home
Thankful for eyes to see and a body to feel –
    Even if it is seeing the rain and feeling the cold
Thankful for friends and family
     I know I am thankful for my sons and my good friends
Thankful for employment
     Even when it is challenging
Thankful for peace-filled moment
   SO THANKFUL FOR PEACE!!!
The list could continue and continue ...

BUT – enough about what I am thankful for
Why don’t you take some time to count all things you are thankful for?

SO MANY REASONS TO GIVE THANKS
                IN EVERY SEASON GIVE THANKS

I am thankful for you & praying you have blessed, restful and WARM evening

God Bless!



No comments:

Post a Comment