23 February 2011

JOURNEY 201¦1 Embracing Imperfection

Thinking about this journey with my LORD …

Lately I have been listening to a song,
A song which is steadily becoming a favorite of mine.
I first heard it on Valentine’s Day on K-LOVE radio
‘Wouldn’t Change a Thing’ by Matthew West
He composed the song in response to a love story,
A love story sent in by a K-LOVE listener. The story was touching.
Something in that song has resonated with me ...

To me that song spoke to my life -
It captured my journey with God, made possible through Christ


As it played and tears filled my eyes,
I thought about my life up to this point.
I thought about the current symphony of situations in my life,
The chorus of notes that sound quite different,
From the way that I envisioned them -
So many have changed from the way I had penned them in my mind.
Yet they are still making a beautiful sound!

Somehow, Matthew West perfectly captured the thoughts of my heart,
It was his voice and his words ... but it was my song,
A beautiful song of gratitude that I sing to my LORD and KING!

Sometimes the journey with God
is
'perfectly imperfect'


A perfect God embraces imperfection ...
Amazing grace made possible only by the blood of Jesus.

A perfect God works with imperfection,
With imperfect situations, with imperfect beings, with imperfect me...
And He still works perfect wonders!

He works everything together for the good ...
He makes every moment worth it ...
And I wouldn't change a thing!

Take a listen ...
Truly listen ...
I pray it will encourage you, even as it continues to encourage me ...

No comments:

Post a Comment