09 February 2011

JOURNEY 201¦1 PLANNING pt.1

Last week was wonderful …
I had an opportunity to spend some time with friends – good food, amazing cake and the absolute best company! It was also great to think on some of those questions from last week and truly examine my commitment levels when it comes to my walk with Christ. I hope you had a great week as well!

This week’s journey note is two-fold:
* First is today’s post with a brief 'project'.
* Then I will follow it up with another post this Friday.

When I started to think about planning in the midst of the journey, my thoughts immediately went back to my first experience with college. And, while I just turned forty last month, I did not have to think back as far as some might think. You see, I started college in 2006 at the age of thirty-five, as a freshman.

And, as a freshman, it was mandatory that I take a university studies course. The intent was to ensure the success of incoming freshman. And, one of the first assignments had to do with time management and planning. Part of that exercise was to learn how to manage my time. I had to take a schedule, similar to the one that I have attached to this post, and record my day.
Now, if I am honest, I thought the assignment was a bit of a waste of time. As an AVP with a Fortune 500 company, I lived by my planner. I scheduled meetings, coaching sessions, medical check-ups, appointments for the children,  and even allotted times for me to focus on my professional development – if it wasn’t penciled-in, it did not happen. So I questioned why I had to do this – wondering why I could not get some sort of credit for life experience. Nevertheless, I submitted to the process – not like I had much choice – and I did the assignment.

Now, I would like to share the assignment with you as well:
1. Take a sheet of paper with timeframes noted similar to the sheet I’ve attached.
2. Write down everything that you did YESTERDAY

That’s it! If your day starts earlier or ends later, that is fine. Just make sure you record everything. Then you hold onto the sheet until Friday when I’ll post our next Journey Note. Be honest on the sheet – only you will see it and I promise it will help you in your journey with God!

Have a great day … I’ll be talking to you Friday!

God Bless You…

No comments:

Post a Comment