10 November 2019

THANKS GIVING 2019: Thankful Rest


Happy Sunday!

I know it is now evening.
However, it is still Sunday – at least where I am writing from

Today was a quiet day. I did not even venture out of the house for church.
Thankfully, the church is people and not a place or building –
Which means church can be held anywhere you happen to be.

Please do not misunderstand me. I believe in honoring scripture
And we are admonished to ‘not forsake the assembling together’ Hebrews 10:25
However, I am have difficulties with my vehicle

THEREFORE –

Church today was at home where I enjoyed the peacefulness of a SUNDAY REST;
Where I enjoyed the comfort of a SABBATH REST


The LORD Himself took a rest on the seventh day
And it is His gift to His people

It is a gift I am incredibly thankful for – especially since I have had to work 12-hour days every day for the past few weeks – along with work on Saturdays

It is so important to RECEIVE the gifts He has afforded us and to take care of self

AFTER ALL – YOU CANNOT GIVE OUT OF AN EMPTY CUP

Yes, there are times when we have to PAUSE;
Times when we must allow our hearts, minds, spirits and bodies to BE REPLENISHED;
Times when we must engage in the process of doing nothing except to GIVE THANKS.

I thank the LORD for all He has done, for what He is doing and for what is to come.
And I thank Him for REST-FILLED, PEACE-FILLED moments

Praying you will have a rest-filled evening as well …

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment