09 December 2010

God's got your number ...

#316 :: You’re the only one who knows EVERYTHING, my whole story, the good, the bad, the ugly & ugliest; caring, giving, strong and gentle, all the time, all at the same time. Love the way You love me – together forever!


This was my post on Facebook today.

The past few days, I have been seeing numbers and quotes everywhere on Facebook.

The idea?
You inbox me your number, then I post a comment about you – have to be honest.

Truthfully, I actually have not had anyone send me their number:
1. At the risk of dating myself, I think it is an activity for the younger crowd
2. As candid as I can be, anyone who knows me well enough to want feedback from me might rethink whether they really want the truth, and whether they want it publicly


Naturally, my thoughts gravitated toward the One who originated the number game.

#316 :: John 3:16 ‘For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.’


So, what do I think about #316?
I had to sum it up in a few short phrases –
Because if I wrote everything I feel about #316, it might crash Facebook!


But then I started thinking, 'What would God say if I ‘inboxed’ Him my number?'
 He has to be honest – He cannot lie.


Quite a thought …


Truth is He already has my number. He knows it all, He sees it all, He has been there through it all.


So, what is the aim for me as a believer?
To get a response which states, ‘Well done good and faithful servant.’


‘Good and faithful’ is a great destination for one’s life.
Yet, ‘good and faithful’ is not just a destinationIT IS A PROCESS


It is walked out in the choices we make every day: Using the talents and resources that He’s given to us; feeding the hungry, naturally and spiritually; supplying water for the thirsty, naturally and spiritually; clothing the naked, naturally and spiritually; visiting the sick and imprisoned; being selfless; extending forgiveness; refraining from judgment; loving God and loving people, the way God loves people – without conditions or pretense. [See Matthew 25:14-46]


That is what ‘good and faithful’ looks like -
But, what does ‘good and faithful’ sound like?

‘Then the LORD said to satan, “Have you considered My servant Job, that there is none like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, one who fears God and shuns evil.”’ Job 1:8

AND

‘When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him. And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.’ Matthew 3:16-17


When you are righteous before Him [imputed to you by the blood of Jesus],
And when you are faithful before Him [your commitment to honor God and His commands],
Heaven is open to you –


Further,
He speaks kindly – to you, before others and in defiance of your enemies
The One who is worthy of ALL praise, will sing your praises!

God’s got your number?
What would He say?

No comments:

Post a Comment