01 December 2010

help when you need it...

Even as I wrote about the process of one divine moment, I’ve been praying about the process where I now find myself.

With the publishing situation, I have now entered a new stage in the process. It is a stage which will require me to interact [heavily] with others – networking is what some call it. Yet whatever its name, it is something that I have never possessed a natural skill for.

It seems unnatural for me to just strike up conversations and coordinate meetings to increase name recognition. Please do not misunderstand me, I can carry on a conversation and connect with individuals very easily, when it is one-on-one and there is something substantive to discuss. But the thought of having to casually interact with large groups of people on a consistent basis is a little frightening to me.

I know – as a believer – I am not supposed to walk in fear.
‘For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.’ (II Tim. 1:7)

However, contextually speaking, that spirit of power, of love and a sound mind were spoken with respect to sharing the gospel. That would be easier for me – because it is focused discussion. Sing the praises of and market another, this I can do. Taking on the same task for myself will prove challenging. But, it is nothing that God cannot help me with. After all, I did not know the first thing about writing a book when I started.

I still do not have all the details of the individual answers of ‘how’ this morning.
But, I have an answer that addresses every question which will arise.

As I prayed this morning, I was led to read an entry from Faith’s Checkbook. It was a devotional from March 23rd – a date which is significant to me. You see 3.23.03 was the day I died and came back to life. I’ll share that story some day. But today, that entry from 3/23 encouraged me. It is my prayer – if you are searching for God’s direction today – that it will encourage you also.

Have a Blessed Day!

*************************
A Sure Guide - from Faith’s Checkbook by Charles H. Spurgeon

“I will bring the blind by a way they did not know.” Isaiah 42:16

Think of the infinitely glorious Jehovah acting as a Guide to the blind! A blind man cannot find a way he does not know; even when he knows the road, it is hard for him to traverse it.
As to the future, all of us are blind, but the Lord Jesus will lead us even to our journey’s end. We cannot guess how deliverance will come to us, but the Lord knows, and He will lead us till we have escaped every danger.
Happy are those who place their hand in that of the Great Guide. He will bring them all the way; and when He has brought them home to glory and has opened their eyes to see the way by which He has led them, what a song of gratitude will they sing unto God! Lord, lead Your poor blind child this day, for I know not my way!
**************************

‘I will bring the blind by a way they did not know; I will lead them in paths they have not known. I will make darkness light before them, and crooked places straight. These things I will do for them, and not forsake them.’ Isaiah 42:16

He is help when I need it.
He is a sure guide and will direct my steps.
Father, do the same for my friend reading this today.
In the Matchless Name of Jesus I Pray! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment