14 December 2010

suddenly ...

Woke up this morning with a strong feeling that I was going to experience a ‘suddenly’ today:

A ‘suddenly’ is when something happens quickly, something only God could do. The Bible is full of them:
Suddenly Joseph was pulled from the pit (Gen. 41:14)
Suddenly an angel appeared before Mary (Lk. 1)
Suddenly the Holy Spirit rushed in (Acts 2:2)
Suddenly an angel delivered Peter from prison (Acts 12)

Well the day was pretty uneventful - 
Until I went to get on the expressway this afternoon.

I was traveling up the ramp and was just about to the place where my traffic merges with the expressway traffic – with cars traveling no less than 60mph.

Well, one car shot to the left and started back to the right –
The car in front of me slammed on its brakes –
And I slammed on mine, conscious of both the cars in front and in back of me.

Simultaneous to me applying the brake,
My son, who was in the passenger seat, got a very firm hand to the chest …

It is something that has affectionately been named ‘the mom seatbelt’
Not that I am a reckless driver, but it has happened enough times to be labeled.
From the time my son was small, it has been my job to protect him.
He will be twenty in February, yet instinct overrides age any day.

No collision – thank God!
I apologized to him and we continued on our way

The song on the radio? Blink by Revive -
'Teach me to number my days, and count every moment, before it slips away...'

Then I thought about how much more God cares for His children –
He doesn’t even have to think about it –
He does it in a blink – suddenly
What a blessing!

Are you feeling like life is moving too fast, concerned that a collision is imminent? Fear not, trust God –

‘He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty’
Psalm 91:1

The ultimate 911 verse!

You can experience God’s protection and provision today – Suddenly!

Thank You LORD!
You alone are worthy of all praise!

No comments:

Post a Comment