12 October 2011

JOURNEY 201¦1 ‘Stronger …’

Wow! It has been a very busy time and I am feeling a very real need to get myself back on track. I haven’t worked out in over a week and I have struggled to find words and time to write. Currently, I am working on constructing a workbook to go along with my book and am soliciting reviews to be placed within the book and on the back cover. So please keep me in prayer. The apartment is nice and I am quickly learning that I/we do not need as much as I might have once thought was necessary for quality life.

During these past few years, more than ever, I have experienced more peace with less stuff. I have felt more love with fewer relationships. I have felt more blessed and prosperous with far fewer material blessings.

It has been quite a journey! 

Someone said this to me a couple of weeks ago: ‘It’s been three and a half years, ‘What have you learned?’ The question caught me a little off guard but I had an immediate answer – TRUST. 

It has actually been four years TODAY. And, in this journey, I have learned how to trust as I have never had to trust before … and I have been blessed for the experience. Were there decisions that I might have made differently? Perhaps there might have been a couple of choices that I would change. However, by and large, I would not change a thing. I know Him more than I’ve ever known Him, I am becoming more like Him and I realize that I am living the abundant life that Jesus came to give – a life not dependent upon anything external. What a blessing! 

I am just so thankful. I love the LORD and I know He loves me.  I should be in bed right now. It is almost 2:30AM and I have to get up at 5Am to get ready for work. But I wanted to give this encouragement: You are stronger than you think...

The storms that you thought would kill you are actually making you stronger. We should all be so blessed to find ourselves in such a weakened and broken state that we get to experience His strength which is made perfect in those fragile moments.

Stronger because He is stronger … and He lives in me!




'But He said to me,
My grace
(My favor and loving-kindness and mercy)
is enough for you
[sufficient against any danger
and enables you to bear the trouble manfully];
for My strength and power are made perfect
(fulfilled and completed)
and show themselves most effective
in [your] weakness.'
II Corinthians 12:9AMP

No comments:

Post a Comment