06 October 2018

LABOR FREE


Good Morning! I pray your weekend is off to a great start. When I woke up this morning, the first thing I did [after thanking God for His peace and protection this week] was to send a message via text and online to my middle son. Today is his birthday … twenty-six years old. How the time is flying by!

As I thought about him, my mind went back to the day he was born. It actually got me thinking about all of my children. Each of my sons were over 8-pounds when they were born – 8.2 pounds, 8.3 pounds, and 8.11 pounds. My middle son – he was the smallest of the three – which is probably how he ended up with the nickname ‘Peanut’ when he was little.

Each pregnancy was different and each delivery was different:

My oldest son – I was in labor with him for a full month before he was born. I thought he was going to come in January on my birthday. However, he held out until the first week of February – an additional intensive 10-hours of labor on the day he was finally born.

My youngest son – I went into labor on Mother’s Day. He was a true gift. And while the labor with his delivery was shorter [about 6-hours], there was extreme pain – so much so that my then husband begged me to abandon my commitment to ‘natural child birth’ and to take medication for the pain. By the time they called the Anesthesiologist and started to administer the pain medication, he was already delivered.

AND THEN THERE WAS THE MIDDLE CHILD –

My middle son – I woke up at 5:30 in the morning and went to get some tea. I had a slight ache in my back which is not uncommon when you are at full-term pregnancy. It just felt like I slept wrong. I filled the kettle with water, moved toward the stove and turned on the burner. My water broke. I turned off the burner, placed the kettle on the stove top and went to wake up my mom. She drove the twenty-five minute ride to the hospital in about fifteen-minutes. And – within less than a half hour – I was holding my tiniest bundle of joy in my arms. PAIN FREE and almost completely LABOR-FREE


I say all of that to share what dropped in my heart this morning.

God is causing some of you – and me – to enter into some LABOR-FREE blessings

“Do you not say, ‘There are yet four months, then comes the harvest’? Look, I tell you, lift up your eyes, and see that the fields are white for harvest. Already the one who reaps is receiving wages and gathering fruit for eternal life, so that sower and reaper may rejoice together.

For here the saying holds true, ‘One sows and another reaps.’ I sent you to reap that for which you did not labor. Others have labored, and you have entered into their labor.” John 4:35-38

IN THE PAST – there have been situations requiring great effort on your part – spiritually and naturally

PRESENTLY – the LORD is appointing a time of supernatural provision

NOW IS THAT TIME!

This is what I hear the LORD saying:

Look at the nations and watch-- and be utterly amazed. For I am doing something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told.Habakkuk 1:5

Praying You Have a Blessed Day
and … Happy Birthday to My ‘Peanut’!

No comments:

Post a Comment