15 May 2019

for the broken...

Hello Friends ...

I pray your day went well yesterday
I am feeling so thankful!
My mom was moved from ICU yesterday and will likely be discharged today
I am overjoyed about that! God is good

AND YET...
My heart is breaking - and has been for weeks - for all the hurting people
There are so many still waiting for their miracle
And it has become an area of concern which has taken center-stage for me
Now, I am not picking up and carrying burdens that are not mine;
I am continually praying to the LORD

HOWEVER...
There is a growth process which is taking place, a spiritual development within me;
A deep, deep compassion for the pain people are feeling
When I struggled with depression last year,
I finally reached a point where I sought out counseling
Study Psychology with a focus on Christian Counseling,
I figured it would be hypocritical if I did not at least give it a try
But then something rather remarkable happened
I went to a session and was encountered with a situation
My counselor was reclining on her couch in tears...
And I was sitting in the chair ...
Encouraging her and telling of the goodness and faithfulness of God

I realized then that LORD was taking me to entirely different level -
A new level of understanding what  it means to be like Christ
To love like Christ, to forgive like, to have compassion like Christ

It has not been an easy road
Yet it is such a beneficial journey
His Holy Spirit lives in me and is empowering me

Therefore, I am saying a prayer for all the broken-hearted this morning
Trust in the LORD...
He cares for every single matter which concerns you

God Bless You and Have a Great Day!




No comments:

Post a Comment