28 August 2010

carried away captive...


'Again the word of the LORD came to me , saying, “Thus says the LORD, the God of Israel: ‘Like these good figs, so will I acknowledge those who are carried away captive … whom I have sent out of this place for their own good …’ Jer. 24:4-5

As I read these words this week during my studies, I was reminded that not everything which has taken one captive is from the enemy. There are times when we as Christians give the devil a little too much credit.

Now, an adversary may be used to execute a particular outcome. However, God is always in control. He is omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscient. The Word states that God will acknowledge those who are carried away captive. Yet He clearly expresses that it is He who sent them out and that it was for their good.

In Jeremiah 29:11 (NCV), the Father expresses His heart for us in saying, "... I know what I am planning for you," says the LORD. "I have good plans for you, not plans to hurt you. I will give you hope and a good future."

This is why I must focus on doing all things without grumbling and complaining – lest I, while murmuring about an enemy and what I perceive to be a bad situation, inadvertently find myself striving against the will of God.

I must take the time to seek God, to see things from His perspective, to increase in my understanding of not only His plans but His process as well.

The LORD allows situations and circumstances to occur which seem to completely contradict His expressed will for our lives. Yet, if we will but trust Him – in time – we shall see the glorious manifestation of His perfect will and timing, just as He purposed it in heaven.

How wonderful is that?

It gives me peace and confidence…
 Peace, in knowing that He truly is working in every situation that concerns me
 Confidence, in knowing that He’s working a favorable outcome, no matter how unfavorable the process may be

“We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God: those who are called according to His purpose.” Rom. 8:28 (HCSB)

No comments:

Post a Comment