11 May 2011

JOURNEY 201¦1 ‘Imagine … the Best’


Earlier this week, I put up a post called 'Imagine … the worst?' It was all about the difficult things that we think up, the horror of when they actually occur and the reality of who God is in the midst of it all. If you have not had the opportunity to read it, I would encourage you to do so.

My favorite quote from the post says this:
'When you have imagined the worst that you can think up - and it actually occurs - there is a comfort that comes when you see that it did not kill you. The world did not end. It did not destroy your relationship with God. Life can and does, indeed, go on and God is still God.
     In that moment, you discover a strength and confidence you never knew you always had. You find a reason to smile, when by all human accounts, you should be crying. You find a reason to praise and you defy the enemy who thought you would curl up and die.’

POWERFUL! I love when God tells me to write things that make me jump.

Yes, we can imagine the worst and not be fearful, knowing that we have everything we need in Christ, that the Holy Spirit ignites us with perfect power, that El Shaddai truly is the All Sufficient One.

So, today I want you to imagine … the best!

I mentioned last week that last Wednesday was not a good day for me. However, I refuse to be moved by this circumstance. This is a storm I have faced before. Therefore, I have been fighting – singing songs of worship and victory, speaking the Word of God, starving my fears and feeding my faith. As part of that process, I have also been reviewing past journals to see what God spoke to me ‘yesterday’ to give me faith for today. As such, I would like to share an entry from my journal ...

**********
8 October 2010
Ephesians 3:20-21 'Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.'
     That verse came to my mind as I watched a trailer for the Velveteen Rabbit (a movie over a year old – why were they showing the trailer?). It’s 1:04 in the morning. The little rabbit told the boy to imagine something ‘big’. So the little boy pushed up his sleeves and thought really hard and a tall sunflower popped up. And as the little rabbit started to comment on the child’s wish/dream/imagination, that he expected something bigger – the boy turned his head to look behind him where the side of the building had vanished and a tremendous, expansive, vibrant, lush, vast garden/meadow had appeared.
     I saw the roles of that boy and rabbit flip flop in that short trailer. The boy apparently had not used his imagination before. But, then he dared to dream. The rabbit who dared him to imagine was taken aback by what he perceived a small wish or imagination. They both marveled at what appeared.
     In an instant, God is about to manifest more than I ever thought possible and He will turn my head to reveal the WHOLE of what He has provided. And it won’t just be for me … I can’t hardly wait!

I IMAGINE:
* Thousands coming to the saving knowledge of Christ – at one time
* Empty eye sockets filled
* Missing limbs replaced
* Crooked backs straightened
* Cancerous cells eradicated
* Hair growing back Skin issues cleared
* A home where each of my children have their own bedroom
* A ministry benefitting single-moms
* Buying a house or paying off a mortgage for one single mom – EVERY YEAR
* An army of saints equipped to impact the world for the Kingdom’s sake
* God’s  Kingdom men and women – His order – invading politics, business, entertainment, sports, education and the literary world – just to name a few

I IMAGINE:
* Unlimited financial resources to do good works in the name of God 
* Young people discovering God and their purpose early in life
* Protection for our young children from violence, kidnappers and sexual predators
* When Storms Rage … blessing many believers, calling those that are unsaved to call on the name of Jesus – for the anointing of God to rest upon EACH AND EVERY COPY
* Godly sons, each with a godly wife – a healthy, lasting and Christ-centered marriage
* Dreams and visions revealing more of who God is and what He desires to do in the earth
* Spiritual gifts to encourage the body and turn the lost towards Jesus
* For others, the peace which exceeds expectation and goes beyond explanation – just like God has provided for me

Just like God told me in 2005, ‘Anything you can think up, I can top’ - exceedingly, abundantly above all I could ask or think/imagine. Imagine that!
**********

Why don't you go ahead and do some imagining yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment