04 May 2011

JOURNEY 201¦1 ‘Open Road’

Interesting picture …

This is not my dog. I have a Miniature Pinscher. However, it is a perfect image of what is happening at my house. You see, the fence in my backyard is being replaced. It was taken down Monday. Therefore, Monday evening, I took my MinPin Chico out on a leash rather than let him run out in the back like he normally does. That was a battle! He is not accustomed to being on a leash and he definitely is not use to having company while he takes care of his business. Poor little thing … I concluded that he was going to have to bend his will to mine (and the leash) or he was going to explode.

So, yesterday morning, my mom had a brilliant idea … let him go out in the yard without a leash. Her theory was that he was so use to the fence that he would not leave the yard. I begged to differ – knowing my disobedient pooch. Well, I was WRONG! Children and dogs will make a liar out of you every time. When you say they will do something, they don’t. When you absolutely know they won’t, they do. She put him outside and he took care of his business ran right around where the fence use to be and came back to the house.

So what does this have to do with JOURNEY 201¦1?

I wonder just how many of us are exactly like Chico. How many have become so accustomed to what has contained them that even when the barriers are removed, they respond as if they were still in place?

Understand that there are no boundaries and no limits to a life redeemed by the blood of Jesus and living for God by the power of His Holy Spirit. We have an open road before us.

There is nothing impossible! You are more than a conqueror (Rom. 8:37). For the One who lives in you is greater than he that is in the world (I Jn. 4:4). Refuse to be bound by limitations.

‘Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him.’ I Corinthians 2:9

However, you can experience all God has for you if you will but trust Him and take a courageous step to move beyond anything you have experienced before.

The open road awaits …

No comments:

Post a Comment