10 October 2012

standing at the edge ...

Sitting here on my sofa ... enjoying the quiet of the evening. It seems the older I get, the more satisfaction I find in the simplest pleasures. Yet there is a small 'something' hovering in my mind and heart tonight.

You see, I have a very big decision to make...

And, if I am honest, it is times like this when being a single woman is most challenging. I have been saved long enough to understand the power that exists in agreement. Scripture tells us in Matthew 18:19, 'if two of you shall agree on earth concerning anything that they shall ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in Heaven.' Yet what is one to do when you have no one to come into agreement with ... no one to pray with ... to truly pray with? Please do not misunderstand me. I know I can pray on my own (and do), but it would just be nice sometimes ... to have some help.

I'm not nearly as strong as those closest to me seem to think I am.

As I talked to a good friend this afternoon, I was sharing how surreal it feels to be standing at the edge of something you've only imagined.
  • Was Abraham pacing outside the tent as Sarah was being prepped for birth? What was going through his mind? What had been going through his mind in the weeks leading up to that moment?
  • I wonder how Moses felt when he was finally able to see with his eyes (albeit from a distance) what I am certain he had imagined many times ... what had been promised.
  • As Mary began to feel the pain of regular contractions, was the discomfort overshadowed by the excitement of what was about to happen? I mean the promise was real to her the moment the words were spoken, And, she carried the promise, feeling the flutterings and kicks. But what were those weeks and days and hours like just before she held the promise?
I cannot begin to count the number of times in my lifetime that I have heard the quote, 'If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.' And, if I am honest, I think it is causing me to hesitate. Yet deep down I know that when it has come to the best things that have happened in my life ... when it seemed too good to be true, it was usually God!

There is this strange feeling of expectancy mixed with something else that I can't quite put my finger on.


Even with so much standing before me, I know so much more will be required of me. To just grab hold of what is right in front me requires such FAITH. It will require a move a God, a miracle similiar to what He did for the children of Israel as they circled the walls of Jericho. Theirs was to take the steps of faith to enter the promise and to leave the results to God Almighty. I know my situation is not very different. There are still a couple of walls that need to come down and doors that need to swing open. Yet He remains unchanged, the same faithful God He has been ... forever. 

I so need to hear from the LORD ... directly ... with great detail and clarity.
Praying earnestly ...

Have a Blessed Evening!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment