23 January 2013

Birthday Fun ...


Today has been a great day!

I took the day off from work because it’s my birthday today.


My aim – it was to simply relax and, perhaps, get some reading in for my three courses that I’m taking this semester. My sisters had a different plan though and I actually ended up spending a good part of the day with them. That was nice!

The other part was having some delicious ice cream cake with my sons.
And, while I normally do the blanket ‘Thank you for the birthday wishes’ on Facebook, this year I decided to respond to each one individually.

What was my reason?

I wanted people to know that I appreciated them taking time out of their day to wish me happy birthday. The other reason is because I am truly thankful for the people that God has placed in my life. Whether they are family members, dear friends or casual acquaintances, I am learning the importance of valuing relationships and people specifically ... and letting them know that you value them. I want to seize every opportunity I have to let those who are special to me know that they are. It blessed me just to take time and reflect upon how I’ve been connected to these people and what makes it special.

I posted two pieces of Birthday Wisdom on my Facebook page today:
  •       Live life in such a way that others celebrate your birthday ... truly thanking God for the day that He created you.
  •       If you ever think to yourself, 'I'll be the first one to CALL and say Happy Birthday' ... and it is 4:50AM ... PLEASE THINK AGAIN!


Yes, the first birthday call actually came in at 4:50AM!

Yet, despite that small hiccup, the day has been a very relaxing one. I started out in prayer and reading the Word and spent the remainder of it with the people I love … and who love me.

You can’t ask for much more than that …

Truly grateful this evening …

‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind. ‘
This is the first and most important command.
And the second command is like the first:
‘Love your neighbor as you love yourself.’

Matthew 22:37-39 NCV


No comments:

Post a Comment