08 April 2019

PRIORITIES & OPTIONS


Hi Friends!

I pray your week is off to a great start … almost to the mid-point already!
The heavens just opened up here in Virginia Beach and it is POURING!
Today was absolutely lovely with temperatures in the eighties
And now – it is 65-degrees … a 17-degree drop in half an hour

Tonight’s post is something that has been pressing on my heart for a couple of weeks now.
Yet I have wrestled with writing this …
In part, because I am fighting [and sometimes failing] to do it successfully.

You see – there is a saying which has been gaining popularity lately
I have seen pastors post it, I’ve seen it on social sites, and I have heard it in discussions
The saying?



‘Never make someone a priority in your life while you are still an option in theirs’

It sounds good when it is put out there into the atmosphere;
And please do not misunderstand me – I know the intention behind some people saying it
They are pressing the point that you should not become a doormat … for anyone;
And you absolutely should not!

However, especially when I hear this exact saying [or something similar] voiced in Christian circles
I have to ask myself, ‘Is this seeming good saying, this ‘good thing’ a God thing’?

For the answer, I can only look to my Savior for guidance
And, when I do this, 
I cannot cosign to this emerging view of PRIORITIES and OPTIONS

You see –
If I look to my Savior, my LORD and King, Jesus Christ –
I see One who made me a PRIORITY in His life while He was still an OPTION in mine.

‘While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us’ Romans 5:8
‘Because of His great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ, even when we were dead in our transgressions’ Ephesians 2:4

Now – I am not saying there are not times when my flesh rises up;
There are times when I want to treat people exactly the way they treat me [and have]

However – I am finding more and more lately that there is an inner press
His Holy Spirit keeps telling me to release everything that is not like Him
Not that I have attained this goal … far from it!

However, I will continue to press toward this goal; to avoid doing things out of selfish ambition; to be humble and esteem others more highly than myself [Phil. 2:3}; to continue to make every effort to love others … the way Christ has loved me.

Praying You Have a Blessed Evening

‘But to you who are listening I say:  Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,
bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.’
Luke 6:27-28

No comments:

Post a Comment