31 March 2019

Keep Marching Forward ...


Good Morning Friends!

It has been quite some time since I have written
Hard to believe that it is the last day of March 2019
And just like that – one-fourth of this year is gone …

It is a good time to reflect on goals that have been set for the year
It is a great time to check our progress in moving toward the things God has for us
Personally, I am in the middle of self-development project
It is one aimed at forcing myself out of my comfort zone

As an introvert, it is very difficult for me to socialize with people
Therefore, I have been taking deliberate and intentional steps to overcome this area
In daily interactions and on social media, I am pushing myself ...
To engage more with others and be more interactive

But I faced a significant setback this week –
Even as I have taken steps to be more social and engaging
Someone came up behind me at work and struck my chair really hard
Now, this might not be a big deal to most people
However, given the climate and my history – it had a significant impact on me
I had a full-fledged anxiety attack – hands trembling and an endless flow of tears
I was so disappointed – in my reaction
Understand, I did nothing wrong.
The wrong was on the part of the individual who struck my chair.
Yet – I was disappointed because it felt like I took three steps backwards
Immediately, I could feel the walls going back up
But then I had to remind myself of my goals and of all the progress I have made


Therefore I have decided – I will not let Friday’s incident veer me off course
I will continue to march forward – unmoved by the enemy’s attempt to derail me
There is more of this year out ahead of me than what has passed

Perhaps you have faced some challenges with goals you have set for yourself this year
There is more of this year out ahead of you than what has passed

And so I offer this reminder –
No matter what may happen, no matter what ‘they say’, no matter what you tell yourself
Remember, at all points, and despite any challenges this year
You are –

Perfectly Purposed

‘Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; before you were born I set you apart’
Jeremiah 1:5

Timelessly Treasured

‘I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness’
Jeremiah 31:3

Sovereignly Selected

‘You are my servant; I have chosen you and have not rejected you.’
Isaiah 41:9

Divinely Defended

'Do not fear for I am with you. Do not be dismayed for I am your God; I will defend you.’
Isaiah 41:10

‘No weapon formed against you shall prosper’
Isaiah 54:17

There is more of this year out ahead of us than what has fallen in the rear-view window
Keep marching forward!

Praying You Have a Blessed Day
Wishing You Much Love …

No comments:

Post a Comment