01 March 2019

DON'T BE YOURSELF ...


Happy Friday!

I pray your week went well and that you are settling into your weekend
Me? I am sick, sick, sick! I feel absolutely miserable. I have the flu!
However, I find myself thinking about all the hurting people in the world

At the top of this year, I wrote a post simply titled 'You're Not Yourself ...'
In that post – among other things – I talked about some of the unusual behavior you might encounter when dealing with broken people:
YOU ARE NOT YOURSELF … WHEN YOU ARE BROKEN … OR HURTING
But what do you do when those you must stay in the flames for are the same who pushed you in [or stoked the fire while you were going through]?
FIRST –You take a moment to remind yourself that people are not themselves when they are broken or hurting. Remind yourself that pain can make people act in ways that might be completely contrary to your preference and completely contrary to their nature in normal circumstances. Take time to remember times when you have been hurt or broken; times when you have uttered a harsh or impatient word or acted in a manner outside your normal character.
 THEN –You stick with the task at hand, follow the lead of the faithful individuals that walked before us and continue your trek through the flames until someone [or multiple some ones] are able to see Jesus for themselves, are able to receive salvation for themselves, are able to receive comfort for themselves, are able to walk in newness of life for themselves.
 LASTLY –Remember – it is never solely about you.
This does not mean that you become a doormat for people – or that you subject yourself to repeated abusive treatment. You can continue to walk through the fire, forgive people and love them from a distance [if needed].
WELL, OVER THE PAST FEW DAYS – this subject has become especially real as I have had individuals contacting me on social media under assumed names.
My heart breaks for these people who seemingly have nothing better to do with their lives
My heart breaks because I know that the LORD created them with purpose;
He designed them to be so much more than they have become

NOW – I will not lie and say I did not have some choice words
BUT THEN – I felt a nudge from the Holy Spirit

It is not in our nature to be selfless and caring – that is a result of the fall
To overcome this flaw of humanity – it requires the work of His Holy Spirit living in us

UNDERSTAND – It is not within our capacity or responsibility to FIX BROKEN PEOPLE
HOWEVER – We are called to love them and to pray for them

YOU SEE – WE CANNOT BE OURSELVES WHEN ENCOUNTERING BROKEN PEOPLE
DON’T BE YOURSELF – YOUR NATURAL SELF.
RECOGNIZE THAT YOU ARE:
As I stated earlier, I currently have the flu – My body is aching, head is hurting [I have an excruciating headache!], throat is sore, nose is stuffy and running at the same time [for the life of me, I will never figure that one out or understand how it is possible]. My ears are clogged – they ache! And, my temperature is all over the place as my body attempts to fight off whatever has jumped on it. I have spent most of the evening shivering under multiple blankets, heat blaring, wearing a sweatshirt with a scarf around my head.

HOWEVER – as miserable as I feel physically, all I can keep thinking about are all those people who are feeling equally miserable – only spiritually and emotionally.

SO HERE IS MY PRAYER – IN PART:
·         I pray that you would place your trust in Him –
·         And that your faith would not waiver
·         May His Blessing Abound … Exceedingly & Abundantly!
·         May His goodness and mercy follow you always
·         May He go before you and make your way smooth
·         May He heal every hurting place in your heart and mind
·         May He bless you with wisdom, favor, joy and peace at all times

Praying You Have a Blessed Evening
Y’all Pray for me too …

‘If you love those who love you, what benefit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them. And if you do good to those who do good to you, what benefit is that to you? For even sinners do the same … But love your enemies, and do good … expecting nothing in return…’
Luke 6:32-33, 35

No comments:

Post a Comment