12 January 2020

2020: HE'S FAITHFUL


Hi There!

I pray your weekend has gone well
And hope you are enjoying a relaxing evening

My weekend has been just what I desired – a time of rest, reflection and relaxation
That is why I would take a quick moment to share something from my devotional this week

Earlier today, I was spending some time with my eldest son
And, I was sharing with him about some thoughts that have been  present lately
I have been thinking about this life-journey – with all of its twists and turns
In all that thinking, I thought about the countless challenges we have faced
And I shared with my son, how thankful I am and how truly blessed we have been
                In spite of all the challenges

There is something about taking the time to TRULY consider how things could have been
Indeed, when most people start to engage in those kinds of thoughts,
                They think about how things could have been better ‘If I only I had …’
During this time of year, it is easy to get caught reflecting … but not in a good way

Well this weekend, I have been reflecting on the blessings of the LORD
I look at my sons – and I say ‘I am blessed’
I stand on my feet in the morning – and I say ‘I am blessed’
I lie my head down at night under the roof of my home – and I say ‘I am blessed’

Please do not misunderstand, things are not perfect - not by any stretch of the imagination
I could focus on the negative and difficult situations
However, I choose not to focus and dwell upon those things
I choose instead to focus on the goodness and faithfulness of God.

Even as I wait …
Even as I work toward and eagerly await the manifestation of many things –
some things I have been believing for a while –  
I am confident because I have His promise.

Yes, I can boldly proclaim like David:
‘I rejoice in Your promise as one who finds great spoil’ Psalm 119:162
The New Living Translation says, ‘I rejoice in Your word like one who finds great treasure’

I rejoice in His promise –
Because His word is better than a treasure chest filled with gold
Because His word is richer than a mine filled with diamonds
It never diminishes and value and can never be stolen away.


‘God is not a man that He should lie, not a human being that He should change His mind? Does He speak and then not act? Does He promise and not fulfill?’ Numbers 23:19

His entire reputation rests on His faithfulness to His word, on the truth of His word
As such, ‘He esteems His Word above His Name’ [Ps. 138:2]

And we know there is not a single word that proceeds from His mouth that returns void;
No, it goes forth and accomplishes that for which it was sent [Is. 55:11]

Be encouraged tonight –
If you have a promise from the LORD, you already have everything you need
When He freely and generously promises, He is guaranteed to faithfully fulfill the same

HE IS SUCH A FAITHFUL GOD & A LOVING FATHER
HE’S GOT THIS … AND HE’S GOT YOU!


Have a Blessed Evening &
A Fabulous Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment