08 January 2020

2020: STILL ABLE


Good Evening Friends

I pray your day went well today
We have made it past the middle of the week [since it is the end of the day]
We are also officially and exactly one week into the New Year
Yes – just like that!

This is why it is so important to make the most of every moment;
Because the moments pass quickly.

I have no catchy phrases for 2020 –
No play on words or phrases or promises that 2020 will be a year of perfection
That would be unrealistic and an insult to your intelligence
In life, there is no such thing as perfect
LIFE IS PERFECTLY IMPERFECT!

But there is One who is perfect
One of the first verses I read at the start of this new year was Ephesians 3:20,
‘Now to Him who is able ….’

And – while I read the entire verse,
In reality, we can stop right there

HE IS ABLE

Sometimes we have to remind ourselves of that truth
Indeed, there may be times throughout this year when you will need to remind yourself
HE IS ABLE

I know it is easier said than done
I mean, we are only seven days in with this new year, and we already have:
-         The earth shaking & quaking  in Puerto Rico
-         Missiles soaring in the Middle East
-         Australia still ablaze
-         Violence still occurring at an alarming rate
-         Needs ever-present

It is enough to discourage someone –
At time when we should be filled with expectation,
With the hope of a clean start and new beginning that a new year brings

In fact I spoke to a friend on Saturday who advised,
‘I have not been this depressed since …’
That person went on to tell of a time when they were absolutely overwhelmed.
And while I understood their perspective,
And while I did not in any way desire to minimize their challenge,
I would not have been a friend if I did not seize the opportunity to remind them:
The same God who pulled you through the last time you were ‘in this place’,
He is the same God who is present and working on your behalf today.
He is the same yesterday, today and forever more.
Nothing you are experiencing has caught Him by surprise.
And, His ability to rescue you has not diminished in the slightest degree.

HE IS ABLE
HE IS ABLE & HE IS FAITHFUL

I do not testify to His ability from a place of fun and fancy;
I do not encourage you from a throne of thoughts and theory
No – I boldly proclaim His ability from a place of fire & fury,
A place where my faith has been [and continues to be] forged in the flames

AND STILL –
I know Him to be a faithful God,
I know this … not intellectually but experientially

AND I KNOW FULL WELL –
Whatever 2020 brings, we must walk through it by faith and not by sight [II Cor. 5:7]
This is why I am confident that 2020 is going to be a year of – VISION, VALUES & VICTORY

The entirety of that verse in Ephesians reads:
‘Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.’

GOD IS ON THE THRONE
GOD IS IN CONTROL & HE CARES FOR EVERY SINGLE THING THAT CONCERNS YOU

Have a Blessed Evening!




No comments:

Post a Comment