22 September 2010

Sound the Alarm

“When you go to war in your land against the enemy who oppresses you, then you shall sound an alarm with the trumpets, and you will be remembered before the LORD your God, and you will be saved from your enemies.” Numbers 10:9

So yesterday I put a status on my Facebook page.

My niece had sent me a video from the convocation on her college campus and they were doing a cover of Desert Song by Hillsong.

It is a beautiful song!
It speaks of trusting God and having a heart of worship towards Him no matter what comes.

My favorite part is when they declare:
All of my life, in every season
You are still God
I have a reason to sing
I have a reason to worship

Well, I declared that song as my anthem yesterday.

Then –

My middle son got sick; I had engine trouble, while driving back from taking my youngest son to the doctor and my fire alarm started blaring at 10PM.

Now understand that this is no normal fire/smoke detector.
It is wired into the electrical of the house – so you cannot turn it off or disconnect it.

It is also so loud that I had to shut the windows for fear of waking up ALL my neighbors.
If you don’t hear that alarm, then the fire and/or smoke have already consumed you.

The thing is – there was no fire or smoke.

So I prayed. And, after what seemed like an eternity [but was actually about five minutes], it stopped.

However, now I was wide awake. So I decided to just praise and worship God downstairs. But I couldn’t stop thinking about that alarm – and everything else that happened yesterday – and wonder whether it had something to do with what I had been singing all day.

My song, that Desert Song, was a bold declaration about my trust in God, my commitment and resolve to worship & praise Him no matter what is going on in my life and a steadfast determination that I would not be moved by my circumstances , because of who He is, and by His loving grace.

Understand that when you make that type of announcement over your life, something happens:
Two alarms sound –
And neither can be turned off

An alarm sounds in hell, alerting every devil and demon to arise from their seething pit to launch an attack. It tells them to do whatever is necessary to bring distraction, discord, discouragement and disaster. It tells the enemy to stop roaming the earth, seeking someone to devour, and provides the exact coordinates for your address.

BUT THERE IS ANOTHER ALARM WHICH SOUNDS

It is an alarm which resounds in heaven – interjecting itself into the chorus of worship which resonates in the throne room of God.

It shouts –
‘There is a believer down here!’
'There is one who has made a decision to worship in spirit and truth’
'There is a spirit who is committed to giving God glory and honor, despite what they are experiencing’
‘There is a soul which no longer considers what it is losing or what it has lost’
‘There is a flesh which has willingly been sacrificed on the altar of praise’


The LORD is her joy!
The GOD of Heaven is his comfort!

And at that time,
All of heaven’s resources are activated on your behalf

Angels are dispatched
Closed doors are opened
Heavenly provisions are released
Healing waters are stirred
Unmerited favor is poured out

And God is pleased –
He is pleased because He has been alerted to one who believes that ‘He is’,
And that He is one who rewards those who diligently seek Him


He sees their faith
He hears their faith
It sounds loud, and louder, than the alarm in my home

And it cannot be turned off
It gets the attention of everyone assembled in God’s house,
Just as sure as the alarm got everyone up in my house

Then God continues to do what He does best – BE GOD

He doesn’t fight our enemy
Jesus has already defeated him

No, God will silence him, though, because he tends to make a heap of noise. That enemy will shout as loud as my alarm, trying to instill fear and have you believe that there is a fire and you are in mortal danger. But, it is all a show on his part. It is a sensory illusion designed to get you to take your focus off of Christ and onto issues.

But God says, ‘No’
- No noise (I Sam. 2:9)
- No drama (I Cor. 14:33)
- No fear (I Jn. 4:18)
- No attacks (I Sam. 2:10)
- No destruction (Jn. 10:10)
Then He does suddenly what He had planned to do from the very beginning. By the power at work in His children, by the power of His Holy Spirit, He rescues His beloved and performs His perfect will.

Bless the LORD at all times (Ps. 34:1)
Worship Him in spirit and truth (Jn. 4:23)
Stand firm in your faith (Eph. 6:10-13)
Put on your armor and speak boldly (Eph. 6:14-20)

Sound the Alarm!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment