13 April 2011

JOURNEY 201¦1 ‘Seeking’

So last week was an exercise on just one of God’s many names – El Elyon, which means God Most High. I sure hope you were able to be reminded of some of the great things about His character, and that you perhaps discovered something new.

I know it was a time consuming process. However, the LORD tells us, ‘… you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. I will be found by you, says the LORD…’ Jeremiah 28:13-14

When we seek Him diligently, He promises that He will be found by us. And that is what JOURNEY 201¦1 is all about – knowing Him.

There is no greater joy and something happens when we take the time to seek Him, to find out what He says about Himself. We become awestruck by the wonder of His majesty. He becomes GRAND and everything else shrinks back down to their rightful place, instead of the larger-than-God mountains that we make them out to be.

When I did the exercise that I shared last week, there were a couple of verses that truly stood out in my mind...
‘Then Melchizedek king of Salem brought out bread and wine; he was the priest of God Most High. And he blessed him and said: “Blessed be Abram of God Most High, possessor of heaven and earth; and blessed be God Most High, who has delivered your enemies into your hand. And he gave him a tenth of all.” Gen. 14:18-20

‘But You , O Lord, are a God full of compassion, and gracious, longsuffering and abundant in mercy and truth.’ Ps. 86:15

‘As for God, His way is perfect; the word of the LORD is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him.’ Ps. 18:30

God Most High possessor of heaven and earth, worthy of praise, giver of victory; compassionate, gracious, longsuffering, merciful, truth; perfect, proven, shield

And these are just three, of over one hundred, verses about God Most High. Two verses simply described 'God Most High' as 'Most High God'.

How powerful is that!

He is exalted and, if we will only take the time to seek, we can know Him! And there is tremendous peace and confidence in knowing that we serve a Mighty God – able to handle anything that comes our way.

After I finished the exercise and meditated on what God showed me about Himself, in His Word – I had to repent for making the issues of life so big and for making Him so small. As I repented, He spoke and reminded me that all of those attributes that I discovered about Him … were in me ... because of the presence of His Holy Spirit. It was too much for me to handle! I went out under the power of His Holy Spirit and, over an hour later, arose ‘brighter’. I do not know any other way to describe it. It was as though a curtain had been pulled back.

In JOURNEY 201¦1 ‘Believe It’, I wrote these words:
‘Maya Angelou is quoted as saying, ‘When someone shows you who they are, believe them.’ It is a powerful quote and one that has stayed with me from the first time that I heard it. To me, it speaks to a need to operate within the boundaries of reality.’ I went on to state, 'Since God has shown you who He is, believe Him!'

When God shows you who He is, who He is in you & who you are … believe Him! Yet we cannot know who we are until we know who He is ... and this only through 'Seeking' 

May we be found forever seeking

May God Most High bless you abundantly!

1 comment: