20 March 2012

worship interrupted ...

There is only so much you can place into a bag or a box or a person ... before it bursts

The thing is, when something gets so full, it doesn't take much to push it past its ability to contain what has been shoved inside. For me, that 'pushing factor' came in the way of an extremely loud crashing sound at 3:00AM Saturday morning where I [after leaping up with my heart in my throat] realized that the shelving had come down, the drywall was torn, the floor was soaked and water was steadily streaming into my apartment from the ceiling.

Sunday, I cracked ...
Then, like a shattered vase, I started leaking  and was unable to stop. The tears started before I even stepped into church and once worship began, it was all done.

Then something happened that I can't really explain but was completely beautiful.

Worship was interrupted...

While God tended to the needs of His children everything that was planned was placed on pause. My pastor never did get around to preaching the first service. But he did have a word ... 

Long before he spoke, my tearful pleading was for God to open my blind eyes and unlock my deaf ears ... for Him to hear me from heaven, but more importantly for me to hear and see Him somewhere in the middle of this twisted, confusing journey that has been my path for the past few years. And He did it.

Hard to comprehend that the LORD would stop an entire service to minister ... to me

I'm sure it wasn't just for me but His communication was just perfect for me and my situation, so intimate and personal that nothing else mattered. And here is what I heard ...        

'I will stop an entire service for you'

Worship interrupted ... 

I cannot begin to tell you what it did for my heart. 

However, it is not the first time He has interrupted worship to respond to someone in a personal, intimate and powerful way.

The woman with the issue of blood experienced first hand what it meant for worship to be interrupted ... just for her (Mk. 5)

Likewise Zacchaeus was privileged with having the King of kings interrupt worship ... just for him (Lk. 19)

But when He does it for you, and you know that He's done it just for you...
Well, words cannot begin to explain.

May He open all of our eyes to see and our ears to hear the very unique and special ways He interacts with us every day.

'For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, 'Fear not, I will help you.' Isaiah 41:13

No comments:

Post a Comment