25 November 2012

Faithful God ...


Ever feel like you just don’t know what to pray?

It is actually a very common occurrence and one that should not evoke fear or frustration. There can be peace even in those times when words escape us. For, there is a moment when our very thoughts become the prayers that ascend into heaven.

He cares for us and for that which concerns us – 
(see Psalm 138:8 and I Peter 5:7)

Further, He does not just care for that which we can articulate or that which we can eloquently present as a petition before Him. He cares for the things that flood our mind and hearts, our souls and spirits.

This is my favorite time of year. Yet, I realize that it is not for many people. Whether it is anxiety about buying gifts that exceed the budget, painful memories that get conjured up from family gatherings, anger over reunions that still have not taken place or the disappointment of nearing the end of another year with still unrealized dreams – there are countless situations which can trouble the mind and stifle our prayers.

However, there is not one circumstance which escapes the attention of the LORD God Almighty

Even when we think we are handling everything fine, He knows how we are truly doing.

A couple of weeks ago I had a dream. I was on a bridge trying to get somewhere. But as I crossed the bridge and came to the end of it, I could see where the river had transcended the banks and everything, everywhere was flooded. As I wondered how I would get to where I needed to go, a path appeared in the flood waters. And I thought, ‘That makes no sense, why aren’t the flood waters covering the path? If I step down there, I’ll drown.’ But then I did actually take a step, and another, and another and the floodwaters could not cross the boundaries of that miraculous path that ‘appeared out of nowhere’. Then I woke up. 

Now, I did not need a dream interpreter for that one. 

However I had tried to convince myself that nothing was bothering me, subconsciously, there were floods of situations that I felt like were waiting to consume me. Yet, even in my dreams, God demonstrated His faithfulness in supplying a way through the floodwaters.

Notice – the flood did not go away. He simply made a way of passage through the troubling waters.

He knows our conscious contemplations and our subconscious uncertainties.
He hears our vocalized prayers and our silent ponderings.
He understands that the audible cry for help and the streaming tear say the exact same thing ... 'I need You!'
And He is faithful to address every need.

I don’t know what waters you will face in the coming weeks –

But I know there is a Faithful God who hears and cares and moves on your behalf – who says, ‘Trust Me’ and assures you:

"When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown ...” Is. 43:2

Praying you have an abundantly blessed week …

No comments:

Post a Comment