04 May 2013

every storm ends ...



Good Morning!

I pray you all are having a great day. I am looking forward to a nice and restful weekend. Wrapping up my theology class this week and getting ready for my summer classes will definitely keep me busy. However, I wanted to get this post up that I have been trying to write for two days.

Sometimes it is challenging to capture in words what you are feeling in your spirit. I thought about this a few days ago when I changed my calendar. My co-worker bought the calendar for me at the beginning of the year and, as I always do when I get a new calendar, I immediately started to flip through to look at the pictures. Well, when I glanced at the picture for May (a storm cloud with a boat), I immediately thought and voiced, ‘I don’t like that picture. I feel just like that little boat with an enormous storm hunting me down.

Well, Wednesday was May 1st,
               and there was that picture again ...




Yet, this time as I looked at it, something happened. I again paused when I saw the picture of that massive storm and I thought: 'I am going to have to look at this picture all month.' However, the momentary thought of it being a menacing storm was quickly overshadowed by an unmistakable voice in my spirit:

‘That storm is no longer chasing you. That storm is in your past. You have outrun it and survived it. You thought it would capsize your vessel (your life). Yes, it did try to destroy you - causing you at times to take on water and experience bouts of anxiety. Yet you have passed through and are forging a path through the waters - moving toward everything that I have prepared for you. Understand, that ‘boat’ is larger than you perceive – that is a tanker. And like that tanker, you are larger than you realize because you have My Holy Spirit dwelling on the inside. As enormous as the storm was … My cloud of blessing is just as large (and larger) … and is overtaking you.’

‘WOW!’ was all I could say.  It was a follow-up and confirmation to an amazing time in His presence earlier in the week and made me recognize the incredible power of perspective.

You see – sometimes you experience something for such a long time that you unwittingly begin to expect more of the same. We begin to speak what we have experienced. And as we give voice to those thoughts and expectations, we begin to see what we say. We have creative power in our words. Yet, God wanted me to know – at the beginning of that day, at the beginning of this month – 
IT IS A NEW SEASON!

Now, this particular post may not be for everyone. However, I know in my heart that it was not just a message for me. Like myself, many have walked through times of tremendous and extended trials. Yet, I am writing today to let you know – even the worst of storms have a day when they cease. I encourage you to expect great things! Pray for spiritual insight to see what God is doing presently in your life. Then, align your words and your actions with His will. God has wonderful things in store for you. Be Blessed!

'Behold, I am doing a new thing;
now it springs forth, do you not perceive it?
I will make a way in the wilderness
and rivers in the desert.'

Isaiah 43:19 ESV

 
Sing to the LORD a new song, for He has done marvelous things …’ Psalm 98:1 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment