20 May 2013

Constant God ...



‘…He brought us out from there to bring us in ... Deuteronomy 6:23

This was the verse I was reading today …

This was the verse I was thinking about as I was driving home today – when someone almost plowed into the side of the van I was driving (they were texting while driving). The enemy will always attempt to distract you from what God is saying.

But I thank God for His faithful hand of protection ...

For the past few days, I have been thinking a great deal and I feel like it culminated yesterday at church when one of my brothers in Christ, one I had not seen in a while, asked, ‘Hindsight being 20/20, would you change anything you have experienced in the past few years?’

My honest answer was, ‘I might have done things different with the house … so that I would not lose my home.’ But then I went on to say, ‘Well, not even that because it drew my sons and I closer together and enhanced all of our perspectives. I would not know God as I know Him today, I would not trust God as I trust Him today – but for the challenging road that I have had to walk … and continue to walk some days.

What does that have to do with my leading verse?

Well, there are times when you know that you absolutely have heard from God – the way I knew it was His voice when I turned down the alternate position offered to me when my job was eliminated in 2007. But, I would be lying if I didn’t say that I have questioned one hundred times since then whether it was really His voice, whether it was really His leading.

Yet today, in a very quiet way, without ‘goose bumps’ or extreme emotionalism – I was gently reminded that He brought me out ... to bring me in to give me all that He promised.
 
Naturally, what He promised me is very likely different from what He has promised you, and different still from what He had promised the children of Israel – a land of their own. And, although not all of the Israelites partook of that promise, I firmly believe, He did not bring you out to let you die in the middle of your experience. He did not bring you out to let your hope perish in the ‘in between’ time.
 
Now, with respect to the Israelites, some of them did indeed perish, due (in part) to ungrateful hearts, willful disobedience and unyielding spirits. That is why I am so thankful for grace – made possible by the sacrifice of Jesus. Whether you have had to wander as a result of someone else’s actions, or if you are circling a mountain because of poor choices on your part, know that He is a God who forgives and who redeems … lost hopes, lost dreams, lost souls.

He brought you out of that job to lead you in to a career, a ministry, a mission

He brought you out of that unhealthy friendship to bring you in to divine relationships which will help you grow into the godly man or woman He has called you to be

He brought you out of that dangerous relationship to carry you in to a place of peace and to secure a future of safety for you and your children

He is constant and faithful –
 
He is always working in us and through us; always working all things together for our good and for His glory. He will never leave you or forsake you.
 
Keep Standing, Keep Trusting & Keep Moving Forward with God

Here is a lovely song by Meredith Andrews – Not For a Moment

 
Have a Blessed Evening!   

No comments:

Post a Comment