19 December 2018

TAKE TWO, TAKE THREE ... TAKE TEN


Good Morning Friends!

It is the middle of the week … and only SIX days left until Christmas!

It seems the older I get, the faster time flies
Which is why it is so important to make the most of every moment –
Even if it takes multiple takes to get it right.

In my post ‘blessings, blessing, blessing …’  I wrote about my opportunity to be a blessing last week. I baked a rum cake for my niece! Then, when I was done cooking for her, I decided to make some treats for my house.

I also have started receiving requests from others for my cakes. Therefore, I thought it would be a good idea to take some pictures and that it would make for good advertising material for future orders.

This is the picture I ultimately shared online:


THESE ARE THE MULTIPLE TAKES IT TOOK TO GET THERE!!!


SO – WHY SHARE THIS WITH YOU TODAY?

Understand that life is very much like my cake journey         
It often takes many attempts to reach the end point
However, what often gets publicized is only the end product

We see the athlete holding the Olympic medal
We do not see the grueling practices which took place every day, beginning before sunrise

We see the entrepreneur and the multi-million dollar business
We do not see the three bankruptcies that led up to that point

We see the joyous wedding ceremony pictures
We do not see the tearful nights of loneliness that lasted for years leading up to that day

We see the happy family portrait
We do not see the three miscarriages and the complicated adoption process which transpired leading up to that blessed family image

THE PUBLISHED STORY IS NOT ALWAYS THE FULL STORY

Please do not misunderstand my point –
If you are one of those unique individuals who gets a wonderful shot on every first take, praise God for that blessing! I celebrate with you.

For the rest of us – I offer these closing reminders:

TAKE TIME TO CELEBRATE WITH OTHERS
When you see that ‘snapshot’ –
A great dessert, a great body, a great marriage, a great job, a great life –
Learn to celebrate with others
You have no idea what they have had to walk through to get to that point

TAKE TIME TO CELEBRATE WITH YOURSELF
For some of us, this may prove more difficult than the challenge of celebrating others
We can often be our very worst critics
Perhaps you are frustrated today that there have had to be so many ‘takes’ in life
Perhaps you feel like you still have not mastered that ideal shot or image
I say ‘ideal’ because there is no perfect shot or image – no perfect life

Whether you are on take one, take seven or take twenty-seven,
What matters is that you are still a part of this canvas of life;
With all of its hiccups, missteps and mess-ups

We live in a culture that celebrates finish lines – a culture which often fails to celebrate the process of getting to the finish line. Yet it is the process which shapes us as individuals and leads us to our greatest moments. And, as you observe the sights this season and take stock of your life as the year draws to a close

KNOW THIS –

THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY is writing you an amazing story
Enjoy the journey – because that final product is going to be a one-of-a-kind masterpiece!

Praying You Have a Blessed Day!

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus
Philippians 1:6


No comments:

Post a Comment