24 January 2019

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE ...


Happy Thursday!!!

One step closer to the weekend & doubly blessed because … 
YESTERDAY WAS MY BIRTHDAY!!!!

It was a good day!
And, I woke up with a sense of excitement … but not for the reason you might think
I love when my birthday rolls around because it means I am just a few short weeks away from my favorite holiday – VALENTINE’S DAY

OK – I know it is a little early to be thinking about Valentine’s Day and LOVE
BUT – It truly is my absolute favorite holiday!

I loved it as child – when I would go to the store with my mom and we would pick out cards to give to my classmates. I always wanted to give some candy or a lollipop with my cards. And even back then, I always wanted to make sure that I matched the right card to the right person.

When I managed a team – Valentine’s was always a big deal. Catered breakfast, decorations, candy, gifts for my staff and co-workers and, of course, games & prizes [one year the grand prize was a weekend getaway at upscale hotel at the oceanfront]!

As a parent – I would decorate the whole house with red heart balloons, buy special presents, select the tastiest candies and prepare a special dinner. AND I HAVE THREE SONS!!! But Valentine’s Day was always like another Christmas in my house. That part is not surprising since Christmas is about one of the greatest acts of love ever recorded. God so loved the world that He gave … He Gave His love, He Gave His best, He Gave His Son [Jn. 3:16]

AND –
I believe He not only loves to shower us with His love;
He loves for us to shower others with love as well

I BELIEVE VALENTINE’S DAY IS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO LOVE ON THOSE CLOSEST TO YOUR HEART. 
Now, some would say that you should do that all year – AND YOU SHOULD.
But, it is also good to seize extra opportunities to DEMONSTRATE LOVE EXTRAVAGANTLY 

I LOVE THE LORD
I LOVE LOVING ON PEOPLE
AND ... I AM HOPELESS ROMANTIC!!!

Therefore, you will have to forgive me – but over the next few weeks I will be focusing on:

AGAPE, PHILEO & EROS [GODLY LOVE, BROTHERLY LOVE & ROMANTIC LOVE]
There is actually a fourth which we discuss as well: STORGE [FAMILY LOVE]

I’m not certain where this short posting series is going to end up … BUT I CAN’T WAIT!

Praying You Have a Blessed Evening & Happy Friday Tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment