01 March 2021

covenant

‘I have set My rainbow in the clouds, and it shall be for the sign of covenant between Me and the earth.’ Genesis 9:13


Happy Monday!

I hope your day is off to a great start as we March forward into the week … [weak pun intended]

This will be a quick post because I have much to do – have to slay some school work

As a side note – it is never too late to accomplish a personal goal; keep going until you have obtained it

But I digress – today I wanted to share some spectacular artwork

Artwork which inspired thoughts of our  Covenant-Keeping God

 

I walked out this morning and saw this beautiful artwork next door.

It made me smile – so much so that I had to go inside, get my phone and take a picture

Counting, hearts, stars, someone with glasses, tic-tac-toe, a friend waving hello!, another with arms open wide and ...

Yes! There is a little person in a rainbow boat in the background

 

As I am writing this post, I am listening to Edward Rivera singing a version of the song Nothing Else. And the line being repeated over and over is this: ‘Take me back, take me back ... take me back to my first love’

So what does this have to do with my master artists next door?

Sometimes, to get back to that first love – you have to go back to your first thoughts


‘you have left your first love … you have abandoned the love you had at first …

repent … go back and do the works you did at first’

Revelation 2:4-5 [AMP & ESV]


Sometimes we have to go back to being like a child,

with an innocent and hope-filled view of the world

Where is that enthusiastic, wide-eyed approach that we once had - to life and love and God?

Sometimes we need to pause and just count to ten – 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 …

Sometimes we just need to look at hearts and stars – and draw a few

Sometimes we have to use our imagination and … ride in boats made of rainbows

Don’t we need that sometimes?

When it feels like we’re sinking – to be reminded that His covenant literally carries us

It is the vessel which safely allows us to navigate the storms of life

It is supposed to start raining soon,

And, unfortunately that precious sidewalk chalk masterpiece will fade away

But it has accomplished its task: beautifying the world, inspiring hope and coaxing a smile

          from someone who needed to smile ... me

Many things will fade in this earth

Let us make sure our hope and joy are not among that list

Let us believe, with child-like faith, that anything is possible, even sailing in rainbows

Let us forever remember His covenant with us and commitment to us will never fade

 

Have a Blessed Day!

 

you have only a little strength,

yet you have kept My word and have not denied My name.’

Revelation 3:8

1 comment:

  1. Edward Rivera – Nothing Else
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47jmWVLo-Tk&list=RDnNMHJ3Dqidc&index=14

    ReplyDelete