09 March 2011

JOURNEY 201¦1 'Check Point'

Hope you are having a blessed day!

With each week that passes, I think about my journey with God. I revisit some of those images that I shared in the JOURNEY 201¦1 ‘See It’ post and it serves as a sort of trip guide and helps me assess where I am in my quest.

It is important to check the mile markers,
To center yourself and determine your exact location,
To evaluate how far you have come,
To focus on how much road there is left to travel.

However, as important as that is in the journey,
It is equally important to keep this in mind -

To everything there is a season ...

The journey might not be moving as quickly as you would like. Perhaps you 'feel' like you are not making any progress at all. But remember that we are not to be ruled by feelings. We are to live by faith and not sight (II Cor. 5:7). It may not be as enjoyable as you envisioned at the onset. However, I promise you that every mile covered is worth the effort.

'Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him.' I Corinthians 2:9
Hope is as close as the next turn ...
Turning the page and reading just the right verse in the Bible,
Turning to look for ways to help someone else in their journey,
Turning the cares and concerns of the day over to God in prayer,
Turning from sin and becoming a mirror-image of Christ,
     possessing His love and character,
Turning into the purposes of God, embracing His perfect timing.

'So let's not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don't give up.'  Galatians 6:9 NLT

'To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven.'  Ecclesiastes 3:1 NKJV

'Yet God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God's work from beginning to end.'  Ecclesiastes 3:11 NLT

'Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.' Proverbs 3:5 

'Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep His promise.'  Hebrews 10:23 NLT

'I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward - to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.'  Philippians 3:12-14 MSG

Keep pressing forward!
Praying that God will bless you abundantly!
Much Love in Christ ...

No comments:

Post a Comment