08 June 2011

JOURNEY 201¦1 ‘Dusty Roads’


‘The LORD God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being. ‘ Genesis 2:7

Out of the dust of the ground God created man …

Ever been in a life situation where you feel like all you are dealing with is the dusty remnants of what used to be? Ever dwelt in a season where there is dryness all around you, where it appears that nothing can grow? Ever traveled a road that is so dusty that you feel like you can scarcely find your way?

In those times, it is vital to remember that God created man out of the dust of the earth and saw that all He made was good.

I’ve missed posting my weekly messages here. But, it has been an extremely busy time. This morning I am sitting in a hotel room with my children and my faithful MinPin Chico. Yes, I was able to find a hotel which takes pets – Praise God!

I have done more packing and moving and lifting over the past few days. Physically, I am utterly exhausted. Spiritually, I am remarkably peaceful, hopeful and, oddly, full of anticipation of what God will do next.

Painful situations come into the life of every person and some can feel so crushing that you feel like you could never pick up the pieces again. However...

There is a God who is expert at creating works of beauty out of dusty, dirty, crumbled, shattered situations and circumstances. He calls forth life from barren and parched places. And He provides encouragement and peace on those dusty stretches of the journey.

As I packed up my home, I kept finding scripture cards in the oddest places. So, I thought I would share some of them with you … in the order that I found them:

‘Peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you,
let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.’
John 14:27

‘He knoweth the way that I take:
when He has tried me, I shall come forth as gold.’
Job 23:10

‘I have set the Lord always before me:
because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.’
Psalm 16:8

‘The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations.’
II Peter 2:9

‘Call upon me in the day of trouble:
I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.’
Psalm 50:15

‘The Lord is nigh unto all them that call upon Him,
to all that call upon Him in truth.’
Psalm 145:18

Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion:
for, lo, I come, and I will dwell in the midst of thee,
saith the Lord.’
Zechariah 2:10

‘He that overcometh shall inherit all things
and I will be his God, and he shall be My son.’
Revelation 21:7

‘At the voice of thy cry;
when He shall hear it, He will answer thee.’
Isaiah 30:19

Wow! I can’t say it any better than He says it Himself. As long as you have Christ dwelling on the inside – you have everything you need … and you have everything you need to begin again.

I am praying for all of you who are traveling dusty roads and going through trying situations. I hope you’re praying for me and my family as well.May God bless you abundantly in every way!

'And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.’
Romans 8:28

No comments:

Post a Comment