29 June 2011

JOURNEY 201¦1 ‘Pit Stop’

Well, it is June 29 …
Tomorrow we will be at the midpoint of 2011. Therefore, I thought now would be a good time to gauge the progress that we have made; to make a 'pit stop' if you will. 

I don't know about you, but it has been an extremely challenging six months of journeying for me! However, as I prepared for this week’s post, I thought it would be good to revisit some of the ‘vision’ items that I shared with you in the beginning of the year in the post entitled: JOURNEY 201¦1 See It! 

One of the first visions I shared was this picture: 
A representation of my vision of souls being saved and lives being changed.   
     When I lost my home a few weeks ago, there was one nagging thought among all the things I could be thinking about, and it concerned one lady, a Jehovah’s Witness who I have been sharing my life and God’s Word with for about two years. And, my thought as I left my house was, ‘How will she find me?’ So, I resolved to just keep praying for her salvation as I have for the past two years.
     Well, about a week after leaving my home, I was driving down a street which I rarely travel down. And who did I see walking down the sidewalk? It was my friend, the little old Jehovah’s Witness lady and her daughter! So, I turned my car around and shared about the goodness of God and His faithfulness in the midst of life's storms. I talked with them right there on the sidewalk for about an hour. It was great! She gave me her contact information and I am still praying and trusting God for her salvation. The Holy Spirit is at work and the work of salvation ... This is a vision continually in progress.


One of the other images I shared was this one of the fruits of the Spirit: I still have a great deal of growing that needs to take place, especially in the area of self-control (needing to remind myself that I do not have to attend every debate that I am invited to). I was encouraged however during one of the last meetings that I had with the Jehovah Witness lady and her friend. We were sitting in my living room [something which they marveled at … seems not many people actually invite them in … non-Christian or Christian]. And as we sat talking, one of the ladies exclaimed, ‘You are in the Bible!’ She opened up to Galatians 5:22-23 and stated, ‘It's right here … I see these things in you!’ That was a ‘Wow!’ moment for me, yet so humbling because I know how far I have to go. I am still a work in progress … but making progress! 

Next was my book which, well, is kind of on hold. One publisher backed off after expressing interest and the other publisher who desires to print the book requires that I first hire a publicist. Another work in progress … 




Next was the image of a spine …. representative of the healing work I desire to see take place with my son. He has been wearing his brace [with the exception of the last three weeks where we have been in transition]. However, it looks straighter to me. I got a second opinion to make sure it was not wishful thinking on my part. And, in a few weeks, we will have an official recheck with his doctor. Please keep him in prayer. Although with the way he is growing – upward and not sideways – I have full confidence that there will be a good report. He is now taller than both his brothers and his dad! Not bad for a ‘used to be runt’ with scoliosis and a bone-age delay. 

Next were the blueprints which represented the future building plans for my home church. Well, below are the pictures of the land being cleared. The foundation will be going down soon ... Enough said!


          
I am so excited!!!







Lastly, there was the image that I hold in my heart of all of you ... readers around the globe in 46 countries so far. You are the reason that I keep up with this blog: you and the fact that I go back and read my blog entries and get encouraged myself. My prayer is that your journey with God has been fulfilling, even if it has not been what you would consider ideal. His plans are perfect! (Jer. 29:11)
     We are halfway through 2011 and the journey doesn’t end when this year does. This is just the beginning. Praise God for His faithfulness and for the ways He has carried us thus far! Trust Him to continue to be faithful in all of our future travels. I pray you are able to see some progress in things you were envisioning at the outset of this year. And, as always, I pray God's abundant blessings upon you all. 

Have a Blessed Week!

'I am confident of this very thing,
that He who began a good work in you
will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus ...'
Philippians 1:6

No comments:

Post a Comment