16 November 2011

JOURNEY 201¦1 ‘He Cares’

I have a little bit of a ‘different’ post this week – after missing last week’s post altogether. Amazingly, I am learning not to beat myself up when I can’t seem to do it all.
 
Anyway, I felt a strong urge to share an excerpt from an email that I sent to my friend just a couple of hours ago. Someone had instructed her to read Psalm 2 and she wanted me to share my thoughts on it. Interestingly, she pointed out that she kept on hearing Psalm 22 even as they told her to read Psalm 2. Here is part of that email…
 
'The verses that stood out to me most were verses 7-9 and the tail end of verse twelve. I think overall, it touches on some of the things that Pastor Archie has been talking about in the end days. However, more importantly for those of us who are God’s children, He gives us a comforting reminder – that we are His – and not just for end times, at all times.
 
He tells us to 'ask' and reminds us of our inheritance in Him. However, if I am honest, I have been struggling with this concept lately. I know He is El Elyon (God Most High) and El Shaddai (The All Sufficient One). I know there is no problem that is too big for Him. My problem is not in His ability but in truly believing that He desires to do what I ask for me. And yet His Word remains and is true. And we have to make a decision to believe it.
 
When people feel abandoned, by a spouse or a father or a family (or all), they need to know, that they know, that they know God is with them – as a Savior, as a Friend, as a Father. It is much easier said than done because situations will keep screaming at you all day to get you to believe the opposite is true.
 
I think you kept hearing Psalm 22 because you may truly be experiencing some of those emotions that the psalmist expresses. Even so, God desires for you to know (and me too) that He has not forsaken us, He is not too far to help, He does hear, He does care, He has taken note of every tear and knows what they represent (even when we don’t). We are not the worms that we often believe ourselves to be – we are His children. Though people will scoff because of our commitment to keep trusting and serving Him, there is no other path to take. Though we experience physical manifestations of pain as a result of the challenges that come against us, HE IS WITH US! And we make a conscious and willful decision to praise Him … whatever comes.'
 
[Psalm 22 paints a vivid picture of the suffering which our Savior endured and reminds us that He is familiar with the pains that we feel … because He experienced it, AND MORE.
 
Psalm 2 reminds us that Jesus reigns supreme, of His triumph over all.]
 
7I will declare the decree:
     The LORD has said to Me,
     ‘You are My Son,
     Today I have begotten You.  
8 Ask of Me, and I will give You
     The nations for Your inheritance,
     And the ends of the earth for Your possession.
9 You shall break them with a rod of iron;
     You shall dash them to pieces like a potter’s vessel.’”
12 ...Blessed are all those who put their trust in Him.'
Psalm 2:7-9, 12

No comments:

Post a Comment