30 November 2011

JOURNEY 201¦1 ‘Trans-mission’

Well, here we are at the end of November. Can you believe it is the end of November already? This year seems to be on fast forward and, this past month has presented its share of ups and downs (actually starting at the tail-end of October):
  • October 26 I received a message from someone at my church that they felt like they were supposed to pay for my van to be repaired. Although it had been driving fine, it had failed inspection and I was told it needed $1200 worth of repairs.
  • October 27 Someone tried to break into my apartment which I had not lived in for even one month at that point. They had just broken my son’s bedroom window when my neighbor drove up and ran them off.
  • October 30 I got the money for the repairs and took my van to the shop later that week. Yet, something kept telling me not to take it back to the original shop. So, I took it to a different shop, where they informed me that it passed inspection. They found nothing wrong with any of the items the other shop had noted as needing to be repaired. The cost? $16 dollars!
  • November 6 Elated, I felt the only right thing would be to give the money back to the couple that had so generously blessed me. They told me to keep it – which was not a surprise since that Sunday morning, as I prayed, I ‘heard in my spirit, ‘they are going to tell you to keep it and this is where you need to give it.'
  • November 10 I gave the tithe and the offering as I felt led in my heart. $1120
  • November 11 I received news of a tremendous financial obligation that had to be addressed immediately. The cost? $1030 dollars!  
  • November 14 God provided the finances needed to cover our family emergency 
  • November 22 I decided to send a praise report to my pastor - just about the van situation.
  • November 23 My van experienced a major malfunction (unrelated to any of the initial damages that caused it to fail inspection). It felt like the transmission failed!       
Transmission – in mechanical terms it is an assembly of parts including the speed-changing gears and mechanism by which power is transmitted from the engine to the axle.   However, if we pull that word apart, we find: 'trans-' meaning to change or transfer and 'mission' signifying a task, a commissioned ministry or pre-established objective

Understand this...


For every mission of blessing that God sends your way, for every mission of kingdom work that you set about pursuing, there is a counter or ‘trans’ mission launched by the enemy – aimed at altering or thwarting God’s intended will.

The enemy’s desire is to wear you down and make you feel like the journey is not worth the effort. But he is a liar and a cheat – has been since the beginning of time. John 8:44 tells us ‘He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.’

Now, there will be times when, like my vehicle, you feel like you got ‘slammed’ out of nowhere. There will be times when you feel like you are pushing the accelerator and nothing is happening. However, God’s Word is true and remains: 'No weapon formed against you shall prosper' Is. 54:17. Although it may seem like it is prospering , even the attacks of our adversary are used by the LORD, for our good and His glory (Rom. 8:28).

Keep on trusting, keep on standing and, by all means, keep on praising!

‘And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony…’ Revelation 12:11

No comments:

Post a Comment