03 December 2011

Someone Worth Dying For



I heard this on my way home from work yesterday … beautiful song. I love the chorus, because I know those were some of the things that consumed my thoughts before I came to Christ.   
Am I more than flesh and bone?
Am I really something beautiful?
Yeah, I want to believe, I want to believe that
I'm not just some wandering soul
That you don't see and you don't know
Yeah, I want to believe, Jesus help me believe
That I am someone worth dying for

Sadly though - once people accept the free gift of salvation and give their hearts and lives to Jesus, they still wrestle with truly believing just how much they are loved. They still pray, ‘God can you hear me? Oh, God are You listening?’

Mine is not one of struggling to believe that He loved me enough to die for me. I know He felt I was someone worth dying for and He loved me enough to do it. Yet, He loved everyone in that same manner. He felt everyone was worth dying for.

Please do not misunderstand me. I in no way aim to reduce or diminsh the wonder of His sacrifice. I truly am eternally thankful. However, if I am honest, I do still wrestle, from time to time, with earnestly believing that He loves me enough to hear me, to listen to me, to respond to me in a unique and personal way. 

When I have moments where I voice this concern - my friend comments that God speaks to me all the time. And I know He does speak. He gives me words to encourage those He brings along my path and I believe His Word which states, ‘The Lord GOD has given Me the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him who is weary’ (Is. 50:4 NKJV) There is no way I could write the things I do and speak the words I say – in the midst of tremendous trials of my own – without the benefit of His Spirit.  Yet it seems, when it comes to some of those things that I pray and ponder and cry over - the things most precious to me - the answers from heaven seem to elude me. 

I don’t have a lot of answers today …
Sometimes even encouragers need encouragement.
I would love to hear your thoughts and feedback ….

2 comments:

  1. Just could not end the post on that note ...

    John 3:16
    "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.

    Romans 5:8
    But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

    Romans 8:37-39
    But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

    Galatians 2:20
    "I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me, and delivered Himself up for me.

    Romans 8:32
    “He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?”

    Deuteronomy 7:9
    "Know therefore that the LORD your God, He is God, the faithful God, who keeps His covenant and His lovingkindness to a thousandth generation with those who love Him and keep His commandments;

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the faithfulness of God!
    So I get online this morning ... hoping to see some words of encouragement (email, fb, visitors to the blog) - zip, nada, nothing

    Then I go to my twitter account which I don't visit that often and 'for some reason' I was drawn to go through the 121 ministries & individuals whose tweets I access, and I began to look for Andy Stanley (North Point Community Church).

    There was not a tweet by him - I just 'thought' to look him up since I know him to be a great teacher of God's Word. In fact I have used some of his materials in small groups that I've facilitated. Then I went to his website where I found a series he did back in October. The series title? When God?

    I've only watched the first of three ... but I think you'll be blessed by it if you, in anyway, identified with the sentiments of my post today.

    Enjoy & Be Blessed & Stay Encouraged!

    http://www.northpoint.org/messages/when-god#

    ReplyDelete