23 November 2018

BLACK FRIDAY!

Good Morning Friends …

I know we have just finished Thanksgiving and it is still November. However – Black Friday is now here, officially marking the beginning of the Christmas Season [at least for retailers]. It is hard to believe how quickly this year has passed … but every day a blessing & today Black Friday blessings!


Traditionally, Black Friday has been one of the busiest shopping days of the year here in the United States. Historically, Black Friday has been a day when retailers [even if they have been experiencing financial setbacks or losses] have been presented an opportunity for economic gains to improve the bottom line of their business:
To move from the RED [a place of deficit]
To move to the BLACK [a place of profit]

For the shopper, Black Friday presents an opportunity to take advantage of some significant deals at bargain prices.

The challenge with Black Friday?

Often the deals, while significant, are subject to limited quantities and require the interested patron to brave the elements and the crowds in order to obtain these great deals.

NOW – I am somewhat of a unique.
I actually HATE shopping … and I really hate crowds. And, since I do not typically hate anything, my choice of the word selection should provide some indication of the level of my discomfort. I think – at least as relates to the crowds – I have my introverted personality to thank.

That being said – I actually LOVE Black Friday!  
However, my love of Black Friday is not for the reason one might suppose.

NOW – I know at this time of year, as we ready for Christmas, many people like to focus their attention on the birth of Christ. After all – it was both miraculous and marvelous!

HOWEVER – I can never bring myself to think about His birth at this time of year, without also thinking about His primary purpose or the tremendous and overwhelming act of love He came to perform.

You see – He, Jesus Christ, was born to die
Plain and Simple – that was His mission

On that Black Friday so many, many years ago
Jesus took us all from a place of DEFICIT to a place of overwhelming PROFIT.
“I have come that they might have life and life abundantly.” John 10:10

HOWEVER –
His Black Friday deal came by placing us in the RED
His blood shed a ransom for all;
It is the best deal ever and one we could never purchase if we tried.

YOU SEE –
He is the Only One who had the currency needed for the purchase

A PERFECT LIFE – FREELY & WILLINGLY GIVEN TO SAVE THE LIVES OF THOSE WHO COULD NOT SAVE THEMSELVES; TO FREE THEM FROM THE DRUDGERY OF DEATH, FROM THE GRIP OFF THE GRAVE – TO RECONCILE US TO PERFECT FELLOWSHIP WITH THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY

Such an amazing love He has for us!

And this is the best part –
-         You do not have to leave your house for this deal
-         You do not have to stand in lines
-         You do not have to fight the crowds [or store staff]
-         There is an unlimited supply on this deal
-         It is yours for the asking and may be received freely

“For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Jesus Christ, who gave Himself as a ransom for all people.” I Timothy 2:5-6

“And everyone who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved.” Acts 2:21

Now, that is a Black Friday deal if ever I saw one!

Praying You Have a Blessed Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment