03 November 2018

HE AIN'T MAD!

Now - before I say anything else
Please allow me to apologize
I know ‘ain’t’ is not proper grammar 
And grammar is a HUGE thing in my house
YET – sometimes, there is no other way to aptly communicate what you would like to say; there is no other way to fully capture what I hope to convey
SO – with that being said …

Good Morning!
I pray your day, your weekend and your November are all off to a great start

Last week this time, I was attending day two of our Womanhood Redefined 2018 Women’s Conference. During that conference, we had several amazing speakers. Among them was Kim Dailey from Calvary Church in Irving Texas.  She shared such an honest, touching and relatable message. It was powerful! 

During this talk she quoted sections of scripture found in Psalm 18.

You see verses 7-15 note the fury of God, the smoke from His nostrils, fire from His mouth, hailstones and lightning & thundering from heaven ... just to name a few descriptors
‘He shot his arrows and scattered the enemy’ Ps. 18:14

But then the speaker focused on verses 16-19 which note how God rescued the psalmist.
‘He brought me out into a spacious place;
He rescued me because He delighted in me.’ Ps. 18:19

He was mad at sin, and at the enemy 
But He DELIGHTED in the psalmist!



When I went back to read for myself [and you should always go back to read for yourself],
I noticed something else...

Further down in the text, the psalmist recalls how he has kept the laws of the LORD, how he is blameless and has kept his feet from sin

INTERESTING - 
I have no doubt that the psalmist was sincere in his self-assessment and communication

HOWEVER - 
The perspective of the psalmist may require some adjustment or tweaking 

THE DILEMMA IS THIS:
Many people gauge their goodness by their adherence to all or most of the Ten Commandments 

YET WE KNOW FROM SCRIPTURE:
There are NONE who are good (Romans 3:10)
ALL have sinned and have fallen short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23)

Those Ten Commandments: I have violated most of them

BUT STILL HE RESCUES ME
AND STILL HE LOVES ME …
WHO DOES THAT?

There is this song from a group called Sidewalk Prophets – You Love Me Anyway
The lyrics are genius and there is one section which perfectly captures the plight of the sinner. 

BUT HE LOVED US ANYWAY 
HE LOVES US ANYWAY 

There is a section in Psalm 18 where the psalmist notes:
‘To the faithful you show yourself faithful,
To the blameless you show yourself blameless,
To the pure you show yourself pure’

Yet the truth of the matter is:
To the unfaithful - He shows Himself FAITHFUL
To those deserving blame - He presents blamelessness
To the impure - He shows Himself pure, holy, merciful and LOVING

HE DELIGHTS IN HIS CREATION!

BUT WHY?
Why does He delight in me?
It is not because of anything I have done or any special skill that I possess

When He looks at me, He is reminded of the redemptive price which was paid
HE SEES JESUS

When He gazes into my eyes, He recognizes a reflection of Himself, the Helper who has consented to dwell within me
HE SEES HIS HOLY SPIRIT

He AIN’T MAD!!!

He loves you with an EVERLASTING LOVE 
He loves us - all of us - with an EVERLASTING LOVE 

Meditate on that for a while.
Let it truly sink in how great, how vast and how deep the love is that God has for us
Simply Amazing!

Have a Blessed Day and an Amazing Weekend!  

1 comment:

  1. Sidewalk Prophets - You Love Me Anyway
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8BBCYFAYRI

    ReplyDelete