10 May 2020

2020: Happy Mother's Day


Happy Mother’s Day!
I pray all is well today and that your day is off to a great start
It is certainly not like any Mother’s Day we have experienced before –
I am actually unable to see my Mom today – this Mother’s Day;
There is still a strict non-visitation policy in place due to COVID-19
                Yet, I am thankful knowing that she is safe

There is no person like a mom
There is certainly no person like my Mom – and I love her and miss her so much!
Yet I know there are several people missing their moms today 
My heart goes out to all those who have lost their mom –
                Whether it was due to this virus or other reasons
I pray that the LORD would comfort you …

Mother’s Day is always special to me –
My youngest was almost a Mother’s Day baby – he missed it by four hours
He turned twenty-six yesterday! I can hardly believe it … the time is flying
But he is not the only reason Mother’s Day is special,
I have three somebodies who make being a mother … an absolute joy
Mother’s Day is a day for me to honor my sons
It is a privilege to share life with them – 
It has taken on a whole new dimension being 'sheltered in' with them; 
They have not changed –  my awareness of all the reasons I appreciate them has
They bless me in ways they will never fully know

Proverbs 31 speaks of a woman of great character –
She rises early, manages her business and supplies for her household
I can relate to those aspects – even as I lack in many other areas
Yet one area where this is no shortage or shortfall,
‘Her children rise up and call her blessed …’ Proverbs 31:28
My sons still do that – they call me blessed
Despite all the twist and turns, the stumbles and failures – they still bless me
In many aspects, they look on me with the eyes of their Father – their heavenly Father
Our love for one another is mutual and ever-lasting
What a blessing!

TODAY –
I pray, whether you are spending time with your mom or away,
Take some time to reflect on the blessing she has been and still is
If you are a mom, this Mother’s Day,
Take some time to reflect on the blessing that your children are
‘Children are a gift from the LORD; they are a reward from Him’ Psalm 127:3

Be Blessed this Mother’s Day –
I send the warmest wishes your way … today & always

Happy Mother’s Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment