02 July 2011

Peacebestukk!


Strange title, I know. But, have you ever been trying to move so fast that your fingers hit the wrong keys on your laptop? Well, that is what happened to me yesterday. I looked down and realized that I had typed ‘Peacebestukk’. 

I was trying to save a picture …
This picture and it was supposed to read,
‘Peace be still’ 

However, once I saw my typo I really started to give some thought to peace being ‘stuck’. I began to ponder what a request for ‘peacebestukk' would really mean. 

Among the definitions for stick/stuck? To maintain attachment or loyalty to; to remain faithful to. 

Further, as I looked up synonyms, I saw that to stick [or be stuck] is: to penetrate, glue and cement. And the list of synonyms went on to describe stick/stuck as this: ADHERE implying that one kind of material clings tenaciously to another; COHERE – adding the idea that a thing is attracted to and held by something like itself.

Don’t we all need peace - to maintain an attachment to us, to be faithful to us even if we are not faithful to it? 

How many are facing challenging situations - where you need peace to penetrate your life, to hold you together, to attach itself like glue or cement? 

How glorious is it to have a peace that adheres, a peace that tenaciously clings to us? And how much greater still is the thought that the peace coheres, attracting and attaching itself to that same character element of peace found in His Holy Spirit which resides on the inside of every believer? 

My LORD is truly amazing!!! 
We could all use a little ‘peacebestukk’ in our lives. 
But what does ‘peacebestukk’ look like practically? 

My son, who never goes anywhere, went out with an associate from work yesterday and he seriously missed curfew.  Good thing that 'peacebestukk' was in full effect. You see, normally, I cannot sleep until all of my children are home, within the reach of momma's wings (no matter where I happen to be residing).

However, 'peacebestukk' knocked me out and let me sleep - when I might have otherwise been up, trying to walk by faith but stressing at the same time.  ‘Peacebestukk’ was truly stuck to me and was, at the same time ‘peace be still’

I am so thankful that God gives His beloved rest (Ps. 127:2)! I am so grateful that His peace stills me and gives me rest. Now, as for my son, that is a different story. He is going to be wishing and praying that ‘peacebestukk’ sticks on him – because he is seriously going get it when I talk to him later today! But that is a discussion for another day … 

My parting words for today … ‘Peacebestukk!’

'In nothing be anxious; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall guard your hearts and your thoughts in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honorable, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. The things which ye both learned and received and heard and saw in me, these things do: and the God of peace shall be with you.' Philippians 4:6-9 

‘He Himself is our peace’ Eph.2:14 

May peace be stuck to you ...

No comments:

Post a Comment