16 July 2011

God Does Provide

This morning was absolutely beautiful!

As I started my morning walk, the weather was perfect – not the humidity that we normally get this time of year and which is expected to return next week. But I will not give thought for next week. Today, I want to focus on today! 

So many sights during my walk –
Dodging sprinklers and having a wonderful time thinking, and praying and observing.
 


I passed the house that sets out food for the ducks every day. They know that house and they have confidence that their meal will be there every day. Not sure what they’ll do if that couple ever moves. Then I saw little worms wriggling across the sidewalk – trying to enjoy the water from sprinklers but conscious that they needed to take cover before the sun got too hot. I also saw robins, out looking for their breakfast … inch fast little worms! The bees get their pollen from the flowers and the flowers get their nourishment from the sun. It was a good walk indeed. 

Then I got back and started reading my Bible: ‘And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.’ Romans 8:29-29  

Then I went on to read: ‘What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?’ Romans 8:31-32 

Then I opened an email from one of the many ministries that I follow and it contained an encouraging message, ‘GOD IS FOR YOU’ and the key verse they were focusing on was ... Romans 8:31-32! 

I just love when I’m getting frustrated – asking and, at times, pleading with God to say something, anything. And then He speaks. But He was speaking the whole morning, letting me know He is the God who provides - from the ducks who are provided with food, to the bees who get their pollen, the flowers getting their sun and the worms enjoying the water, even though some of them will end up being breakfast for the robins.

Now, some of us may feel like the worm … just trying to survive and not be consumed by the enemy. Yet He promises us, those who love Him and who are called according to His purpose, that He will work all things together for the good and that He will freely give us the things that we need. We just need to keep on trusting Him. Still unemployed (and receiving rejections every week), still homeless, feeling sick and now needing to put two new tires on my son’s truck which I am using because my van is broken down … I needed that message today!

Keep Trusting!
GOD IS FOR YOU! 
And God Does Provide...  

'So don’t worry about these things, saying,
‘What will we eat? What will we drink?
What will we wear?’
These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers,
But your heavenly Father already knows all your needs.
Seek the Kingdom of God above all else,
And live righteously, and
He will give you everything you need.’
Matthew 6:31-33 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment