24 July 2011

The Invisible Leader

Happy Sunday!

I was not going to post a message today. However, I was inspired while out on my walk this morning. And what was the sight which ignited a spark? It was the sight of ducklings….


This is not their actual picture. Unfortunately I do not take a phone or camera with me when I’m exercising … but perhaps I should start. Anyhow, I saw twelve ducklings - yellow ones and brown ones - and they were absolutely adorable!

However, there was something missing. Momma duck was nowhere in sight. Anyone who has ever seen very small ducklings knows that this is not a natural sight. I don’t know where she was. I hope nothing happened to her. But the curious thing was that these twelve ducks were still traveling in single file as if she was still leading the pack.

This made me think about us – and our invisible Leader. It made me think about how we should take a cue from the ducklings and continue to follow as if He were right there – because He is.

Those ducklings were doing what they knew to do was right. They were headed to the lake. Even without their mother in view, internally, they knew the way that they should go. Likewise, we have an internal navigational source, the Holy Spirit.

Granted, we cannot see God – for no eye has beheld Him and lived [John 1:18, Exodus 33:20]. And, there are times when we cannot see where or how He is leading in our lives. Yet we are still called to follow Him.

Today – keep following the direction of Jesus. Submit to the leading of the Holy Spirit, hold fast to the biblical principles which you have been taught and have learned. Keep moving forward and do your part to ensure that all in the family Christ reach the destination. We are a family and we have quite a leader, though He be an invisible one.

Follow the Invisible Leader ... 
And Have a Blessed Day!

'... lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.'
Matthew 28:20

No comments:

Post a Comment